Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.

Article about: This is a 1937 I picked up some years back. It has seen been published in one of Ed Tinkers bring-back books. It came from the estate of Rufus Arnold. He was an E5 at the end of the war and

Default 1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.

This is a 1937 I picked up some years back. It has seen been published in one of Ed Tinkers bring-back books. It came from the estate of Rufus Arnold. He was an E5 at the end of the war and served in an artillery unit that went from fort Grubber Oklahoma to North Africa first and then to Italy. When I got the gun I got the complete unit history in which Rufus was mentioned twice. Once for being injured when the column was strafed and once for bravery. The Gun is in excellent condition, 100% matching and a mirror bore.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.   1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.  

1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.   1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.  

1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.   1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.  

?

A collectors dream.

?

That is sweet Max!!!
    Regards,
    John

?

Oh, shiiit you wet my eyes..

Very nice looking gun and excellent photos mate!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Very nice looking gun and excellent photos mate!
    Thanks, I was playing today with making a holder for photos to try to get rid of the shadows. I made one just for hi powers the other day and it worked well so I made one with three different shafts to do 22, 38 and 44 mag. The studs just take a moment to change and it works pretty good for what I wanted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 100% matching with Capture paperwork.  

Very clever mate, the results are fantastic, well done!

Yet another fantastic luger and I must echo the guys comments on the pics, very very good very interesting to see the difference in the blueing between the two recent guns you have posted, the first with the rust blueing and then this one which seems so much darker, do you think this one was dipped?
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Yet another fantastic luger and I must echo the guys comments on the pics, very very good very interesting to see the difference in the blueing between the two recent guns you have posted, the first with the rust blueing and then this one which seems so much darker, do you think this one was dipped?
    1937 was the year they changed the finish from rust to dip. This gun like the 1938 I posted a while back is jet black.

?

Great looking S/42. congrats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast