Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1938 P08 – need more info

Article about: Hello. A friend of mine has this P08 and we would like to know as much as possible about it. I’m a newbie in regards to Lugers (and in this forum), and need your good help. I believe this is

Default 1938 P08 – need more info

Hello.
    A friend of mine has this P08 and we would like to know as much as possible about it. I’m a newbie in regards to Lugers (and in this forum), and need your good help.
    I believe this is a Mauser made in 1939, S/N 5449 suffix u . Not sure if 9mm. Some of the parts were changed (trigger, locking bolt, possibly others). Grips also changed (right one with nbr 63).I suspect it was refinished, but I am not sure …. perhaps only the toggle was.
    Hope I'm OK so far. Can you tell me something else about this one?
    Two mags, one with aluminum base and no s/n, the other with a non matching nbr (1877) and wood base.
    Also believe this piece has no collector’s value. What wld be its approx value as a shooter?
    Thanks

Suggesting pricing is taboo around here. You are correct concerning true collector interest in this particular P-08. Some replacement parts and it looks to have been reblued. Still for a reasonable amount it should make a good shooter. Good pics and thanks for sharing.

Just learning how to upload pics.....

And, by the way, these marks in the below pic, what do they mean?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 P08 – need more info  

One more pic. Is it 9mm?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 P08 – need more info  

The marks are WaffenAmt markings. Part of the quality control system for military equipment. The markings indicate the weapon was inspected, and deemed to be of an acceptable standard, before leaving the factory and being sent out for use.

B.B.

It appears to be standard 9mm. If this is to be used as a "shooter" as you've suggested that may be fine since it appears to have been refinished. NH

?

There were approximately 127,000+ made in 1939

This according to the Luger book by John Walter

and like mentioned, the mismatch and refinish should put this one in the shooter category!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 08-01-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Sorry about the sideways pic. Deleted it!

Thanks for all your comments and help.
    Ignacio

?

I have a old Marine buddy named Ignacio.
    We call him Iggy!!

I hope we get a range report when you take her out!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Iggy

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I have a old Marine buddy named Ignacio.
    We call him Iggy!!

I hope we get a range report when you take her out!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast