Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with luger

Article about: My friend has this Luger his g grandfather brought back from ww2. What can y’all tell me about it it

Default Help with luger

My friend has this Luger his g grandfather brought back from ww2. What can y’all tell me about it it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with luger   Help with luger  

Help with luger   Help with luger  

Bringback with holster too! I would say a super score. Do the mags match also? Not suppose to quote price here but suffice it to say Lugers are quite valuable. I had a 1940 but was stamped "42" for Mauser I believe. Reblued with new grips so collector value pretty much destroyed. Awful nice looking Luger you have there. Others will chime in with more info. Thanks for the pics. Always nice to see.

A Krieghoff Luger, a pretty rare piece! These were made specifically for the Luftwaffe. I have read elsewhere that only around 100 of these guns (bearing the 1941 chamber stamping) were manufactured, as they were assembled from parts overrun from a previous contract.

B.B.

Wow even better than I thought Brodie! Do I hear $$$$$$

It appears I somehow misread the date! 1940 rather than 1941. The 1941-dated examples are the examples of which only 100 were manufactured. Even a 1940-dated example is surely rare and valuable compared to other Lugers, but maybe not to such a degree. I'm afraid I don't know enough about these pistols to give a more informed opinion. Hopefully there's another member who can be of more assistance here.

B.B.

Very nice uncommon Luger. There were between 1000 and 1,100 made in 1940 depending source of info. The most wee produced in 1940 but still uncommon. It would be nice to know if all the numbers are still matching. The one mag is correct that is 122 marked. Nice holster also. Congrats
    John

All the numbers do match I believe

Great item and I agree pretty scarce to get hold of as well. Great find from your Grandad
    Ben

It’s not mine my friends grandfather brought it back. There is a really interesting story about how he got it too

If your friend doesn't mind you posting the story, I would like to read it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast