MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Luger I purchased

Article about: I purchased this all matching luger from ww1. It’s dated 1917 and made by dwm and was issued to the German army. What are the chances it was used in ww2?

Default Help with Luger I purchased

I purchased this all matching luger from ww1. It’s dated 1917 and made by dwm and was issued to the German army. What are the chances it was used in ww2?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Luger I purchased   Help with Luger I purchased  

Help with Luger I purchased   Help with Luger I purchased  

Help with Luger I purchased  

I was not able to enlarge photos so not able to provide much information on the gun itself. Not near enough pics for a Luger for me to even check reference materials. Germany was not any different than the US, in the fact that everything, still serviceable from WWI was used in WW2. That gun would not be an exception.
    John

Sorry for the low res pics when I receive it I’ll provide more. I bought it on collectors firearms

Looks to be in great condition for it's age. If only these old gun could talk! Interesting to know the history and places they had been for sure. My dad's bringback 98k was found in a building by him in a town the germans retreated from towards the end of the war. It is dated 1940 and I wonder if it could have been carried during the start of the attack on France in 1940.