Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Just picked up a 1917 DMW

Article about: I just picked up this Luger at the local gun shop for \\$450 it says it's a parts gun because when you grab the grip and shake it the action is pretty loose.... Other than that the bore is in

Default Just picked up a 1917 DMW

I just picked up this Luger at the local gun shop for $450 it says it's a parts gun because when you grab the grip and shake it the action is pretty loose.... Other than that the bore is in really good shape and all the parts are in really good shape too and it's kind of interesting because it's a 1917 dated in 30 Luger..... My question what would cause the upper receiver to be so loose the bolt and locking mechanism are all tight it's just upper receiver is loose on the lower receiverJust picked up a 1917 DMW

?

Hello ! Nice acquisition, a few may have some ideas, but there is a Forum that is dedicated to these type of pistols, you might want to take a peek, G

Pistole Parabellum
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

More pics would be needed as the pics do not fit the description or ha been cobbled together from various parts. It appears to be out of battery, the rear toggle should not be sticking out as shown. Might not have been assembled correctly. Happens frequently with folks that have not had much experience with them. I would have picked it up for that price. Please post some additional pics of all markings and numbers.
    John

It very well could be a cobbled together pistol my plan is to take it completely apart and scrub it down I don't have it in my hands yet I just bought it yesterday so I'm waiting for the background check to go through I should have it by at least Wednesday hopefully and I'll post more pictures

You stole that for $450! Great score.

Pretty shocking to see a price like that on any Luger these days. Even a parts gun. Check as suggested for proper fit and hopefully all is well.

?

Very Cool.
    Looking forward to more detailed pic's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

A lot of time was put into building these Lugers, the tolerances were all closely machined to each pistol. An all number matching pistol should come apart with no binding. A Luger made of parts will come apart totally different. You can check the barrel and upper by hitting it with your finger. It is similar to a tuning fork, a cracked upper will make no sound. Great purchase!

John

So I got the Luger picked up yesterday got it fixed it had been put together wrong the grips are from sports Inc from Chicago so I ordered a set of reproduction wood grips for it I'll get some more pictures here soon after the holidays