Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Krieghoff Lugers

Article about: Gents, if you have any Krieghoff lugers between can you post them here? I will try and keep a record on the front page of maker, year and serial number for reference

Default Krieghoff Lugers

Gents, if you have any Krieghoff lugers between can you post them here? I will try and keep a record on the front page of maker, year and serial number for reference

1. Serial No 39
    2. Serial No 3802
    3. Serial No 9812
    4. Serial No P21408 (commercial)
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 11-23-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    Ben

Here are three Ben. I'll try to post more later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krieghoff Lugers   Krieghoff Lugers  

Krieghoff Lugers   Krieghoff Lugers  

Attached Images Attached Images Krieghoff Lugers 

Very, very nice.
    Jonathan.

That is great and three cracking Lugers, 39 is a very low number In ref to the brown plastic grips I have come to learn they were made by HK, were they put on a specific series of luger or just a batch within a specific time scale/period?
    Ben

Habicht, just reading my Lugers at Random book and if I am reading correctly your first luger posted is a 1935 made luger and a very early one, according to the book they only made 1800-2000
    Ben

#39 is the earliest "S-Code" Krieghoff known. The early S codes and the very few G codes had heavy walnut grips. Later S codes had fine checkered brown plastic grips made by Ritzman. In 1936 or 1937 the grips were coarse checkered and then in 1940 they went to black bakelite grips.

This is a commercial model said to be made with rejected parts by collectors. They are called "P codes" due to the serial number prefix P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krieghoff Lugers   Krieghoff Lugers  

Attached Images Attached Images Krieghoff Lugers  Krieghoff Lugers  Krieghoff Lugers 

Another commercial but not made from rejected parts. It's a REAL presentation Krieghoff that belonged to Gauleiter Bohle.

Another cracking Luger for my education, again just had a good read of the Lugers at Random book ref these. Not sure how accurate the book is but says these were made mid 1935 - mid 1937, again not many were made. Many thanks for posting this I have learnt yet again
    Ben

Beautiful and I presume a one off Luger? Is this the same Bohle who was tried at Nurnberg? If so he was born in Bradford in the UK. I presume again that this bad boy is worth a small fortune!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast