Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions

Article about: PO8 Luger 9mm for review,has seen some use but still decent cond. I think ,look all original?Last year for these I know and not a high polish finish.

Default Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions

PO8 Luger 9mm for review,has seen some use but still decent cond. I think ,look all original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions   Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  

Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions   Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  

The pics are not very good but it all looks good to me. Someone may have touched up the bluing on the left side but too tough to tell from photos. Better pics or in hand inspection would be needed. Pics need to be in natural light to really see the finish. I believe the mag is correct for the gun. Depending on the final price I would consider purchasing it.
    John

Thanks John,here are some in natural light.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions   Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  

Depending on the serial number, it could be part of the Portuguese Contract block. They started in 1942 with the serial number 149m. Any Luger with a serial number higher than that was sent to Portugal -- where they were designated as the 'm/943' -- rather than being used domestically. If that's the case here, it would explain why it's in such good condition!

The black plastic 'fxo' magazine is the correct factory mag for a BYF 42 pistol.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks Brodie!Looks like either an h or k or n? Matching numbers pistol,none on mag, and no import marks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger 9mm byf 42 opinions  

That looks like a 'h' to me, which would make that pistol pre-Portuguese Contract. There were other contracts to various countries in the latter years of the P08's production life, so it's something worth keeping in mind.

Personally, I'd have no qualms about buying this one, assuming the price was right.

Regards, B.B.

The pics in natural light look good. Nice gun TC. I would also call the letter an h.
    John

Thumbs up

That is a very nice-looking Luger - I like it ! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Gents, for me a very nice Luger with what looks like matching numbers and original blueing
    Ben

Lovely looking Luger! For sure it is indeed in the 'h' block.
    The mag shouldn't be serialised to the gun. However you can find them, not many some folks believe they went
    with the Ku Lugers. But the mag is correct for your most excellent Luger!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast