Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luger holster 1939 info appreciated

Article about: The vet or a german looks like knife cut DOC and VHT into the front of this brown luger holster,its thick leather so didnt hurt the usability of it. A bringback that goes with my ww2 luger.S

Default Luger holster 1939 info appreciated

The vet or a german looks like knife cut DOC and VHT into the front of this brown luger holster,its thick leather so didnt hurt the usability of it. A bringback that goes with my ww2 luger.Saw a nicer example with same maker on Ebay like it but 1937 date bidding up to 480.00.Too bad this one was molested but a part of its history.Holster is very solid,stitching is strong.No tool in pouch though.Guy must have been a Doctor or was called doc.Is this maker pretty common?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger holster 1939 info appreciated   Luger holster 1939 info appreciated  

Luger holster 1939 info appreciated   Luger holster 1939 info appreciated  

Luger holster 1939 info appreciated   Luger holster 1939 info appreciated  

Looks like a nice holster TC. Congrats! I cannot comment on the rarity of the maker and I have not seen such a chart but one may exist. I do know that 1939 Lugers are less common than the holsters.
    I have run across that particular holster in the past but cannot remember where. I remember the markings. May I ask where you picked it up? You probably already know that Luger holsters were not stamped with a P.08 marking on the back until early 1941. P.38 holsters were stamped P.38 from the start.
    John

Thanks for the info John!Didnt know that about the P08 marking.Got it at a small gunshop,the luger shown is my byf 42.I didnt have a holster for it,this will work till a better example comes along.