Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Magazine Spring Replacement

Article about: Anyone ever replaced the feed spring inside a Luger magazine? If so, any tips on how you did this? Specifically, how did you keep from twisting the sheet metal magazine body from twisting wh

Default Luger Magazine Spring Replacement

Anyone ever replaced the feed spring inside a Luger magazine? If so, any tips on how you did this? Specifically, how did you keep from twisting the sheet metal magazine body from twisting when tapping the mag bottom retaining pin out? Am referring to the magazine that has the bottom pinned from the rear side of the magazine and not from the finger hold point where the pin is center mount.

Use a competent gunsmith to do it for you as he'll have the sort of tools or jigs to do it correctly.

Hard in Hawaii to find anyone who works on Lugers. I'd spoke with a friend who I am trying to help with this and he has gotten no response from anyone willing to attempt the repair. My friend is not settled with sending the magazines out as he thinks out of sight, off island would be an issue. His grandfather brought the Luger home from WWII and he is tight fisted with it.