Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need help with value on this WWI 1917 Navy Luger DWM

Article about: the story goes that they started out as 6" barrels but were cut down for use with boarding partys and on uboats (cramped confined areas) its a beuty of a gun thought and as stated can f

Default Re: Need help with value on this WWI 1917 Navy Luger DWM

Thanks for the help guys. It has what I think might be a unit marking on the back of the frame. I do not have this luger in hand but I am getting it next week and will post some more pics when I do. Thanks, Robert

I went and picked up the navy luger today. Here is the marking on the back of the frame it is a N over 1832, is this a unit marking? All other parts are marked 32, could this the serial number? Thanks, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with value on this WWI 1917 Navy Luger DWM  
    Last edited by TNcollector; 11-02-2011 at 02:17 AM.

the big peices will be marked with the whole serial number for the gun so in this case 1832 for all the small peices it wouldn't be possible to write that one so they just put the last 2 numbers hope that helps

tom

That makes sense. Thanks, Robert

?

I could not find any serial numbers on the main part of the toggle or on the extractor. could it be that the toggle was replace at some time? Are there any other numbers on the toggle body?

The marking on the backstrap is a Reichsmarine unit marking and indicates Nordsee Flotte, Waffe Nr 1832. The full serial number should be found on the front of the frame and bottum of the barrel. The last two digits of the serial number will be found on the upper trigger, bottums of both the side plate and take-down lever. The last two digits should also be on the left side of the breech block, the bottum of the forward toggle link and the back of the rear toggle just below the rear sight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3