Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So, who wants to see my interwar MG08 squeeze trigger assembly?

Article about: Here are the pics. I do not know about their availability in Europe, but they are as rare as hen's teeth in the US.

?

Smile So, who wants to see my interwar MG08 squeeze trigger assembly?

Here are the pics.

I do not know about their availability in Europe, but they are as rare as hen's teeth in the US.

?

Default Re: So, who wants to see my interwar MG08 squeeze trigger assembly?

Very Cool!
    So what type of trigger pull are we talking about compared to the thumb spade?
    Have you tried it out if so which one do you like better?

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Cool!
    So what type of trigger pull are we talking about compared to the thumb spade?
    Have you tried it out if so which one do you like better?
    The trigger pull is very soft and kind of long. You can fire the gun with one hand, any hand. I prefer to fire my MG08 with a squeeze trigger, but it's not historically accurate.

Fascinating - thanks for sharing the pic.

Any chance of seeing a pic of it on the '08?

Pit.

?

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Fascinating - thanks for sharing the pic.
    Any chance of seeing a pic of it on the '08?
    Pit.
    I'll try to see what I can do this upcoming weekend.

?

Will you ever decide to sell it and use the standard version? Needless to say i am interested in buying?
    VMT
    Mark

?

I have seen another like this. Are you sure it is interwar? Has it Reichswehr markings or other stamps please? Mark

?

Quote by MG1918 View Post
    I have seen another like this. Are you sure it is interwar? Has it Reichswehr markings or other stamps please? Mark
    As you can see, my photographic skills are lacking. Yes, there are Reichswehr markings present on the face of the safety assembly’s base, on the left side of the trigger handle axle base, on the outside of the right trigger grip, on the outside of the left trigger grip, and the left side of the safety switch toggle. I tried to highlight the markings using a white lacquer stick, but the results left something to be desired. I have not seen any other markings on it other than the original WWI era markings on the back plate itself.

This is the only MG08 squeeze trigger I have ever seen, other than pictures of one within “The Devil’s Paintbrush” by Dolf Goldsmith. There is a WWII combat picture of a USGI with an M1 Carbine standing over a just shot up MG08. That MG08 has a squeeze trigger plainly visible. It looks like that GI just put the MG08 out of its misery.

I know Dolf Goldsmith personally quite well and he told me these squeeze triggers are extremely rare as no Maxims were imported into the US after WWII. They would only exist in Europe today. I got this one many years ago from the friend of a friend in Paris France. At the time I had no idea how rare it was, but it was unique, so I got it. Even at that time it wasn’t cheap.

?

MG34 huge thanks for showing. I am also on the hunt for info on the Naval/Marine MG08. It also has some unusual modifications to the standard ground MG08. Ideally some period images would be very useful. Here are some of the 'mods'.
    Mark

?

So, who wants to see my interwar MG08 squeeze trigger assembly?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast