Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What are your thoughts on this Luger

Article about: Even though we live US we should not look at deacts in other countries as paperweight (or ours), for them laws restrict the owner ship of live guns. Each gun still has it own history, each i

Default Re: What are your thoughts on this Luger

most all dug up safe around here is all clivil war or western crap,hell i live near the alamo it gets boring i seen it for over 35 years,but the history there is ok,but iam more of ww2 stuff

?

Quote by sniperjohn View Post
    heck these guns all deact do to regs,thay can not be made to fire,
    I've been collecting machine guns since 1997 and have seen dewats so welded up there is no way you can get them to fire. They still had to be registered or they were contraband. Seems to me the BATFE ruling applies here "once a machine gun always a machine gun". I would think twice about importing anything like you are contemplating. Heck you can't even import barrels any more.

heck ,,well it will be a C&R area,,,

hey sam i think i got stuff from you throw ebay

UK dewat regs have absolutely no bearing on US regs for MGs. To import most of what you listed you need to properly destroy the barrels (torch cut into pieces or holes drilled along the length with at least one in the chamber) and torch cut the receivers into 4 pieces with the cuts being placed at rather specific locations like through the trunion and other places. Once you have done this, you still need an import license for your "parts kit" for various other reasons.

I would absolutely LOOOOOVE to get my hands on any UK dewat/relic firearm, but it will never happen. Even if it is a rusted up almost undecipherable ball of junk, if it still has the receiver in one piece, its a MG. Barrels can only be imported if they are for "sporting" firearms. I don't know how or what applies to the Luger in these regards outside of import licenses.

Sorry John, but C&R does not apply here.

i no that

?

Quote by sniperjohn View Post
    hey sam i think i got stuff from you throw ebay
    Sorry I have never sold anything thru E-bay or any other auction site.

?

Quote by ThatFALGuy View Post
    UK dewat regs have absolutely no bearing on US regs for MGs. To import most of what you listed you need to properly destroy the barrels (torch cut into pieces or holes drilled along the length with at least one in the chamber) and torch cut the receivers into 4 pieces with the cuts being placed at rather specific locations like through the trunion and other places. Once you have done this, you still need an import license for your "parts kit" for various other reasons.

I would absolutely LOOOOOVE to get my hands on any UK dewat/relic firearm, but it will never happen. Even if it is a rusted up almost undecipherable ball of junk, if it still has the receiver in one piece, its a MG. Barrels can only be imported if they are for "sporting" firearms. I don't know how or what applies to the Luger in these regards outside of import licenses.
    +1 Well put.

yea there is a guy on ebay sells relics and gun parts that lives in ar,he does p-38s parts and other things

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast