Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Zahringer Lowen set?

Article about: Hello. I have a chance to buy this set. Its a knights cross 2nd class with oak leaves, i know the medal is authentic but i'm wondering if the oak leaves are. I haven't seen this shape before

Default Authentic Zahringer Lowen set?

Hello. I have a chance to buy this set. Its a knights cross 2nd class with oak leaves, i know the medal is authentic but i'm wondering if the oak leaves are. I haven't seen this shape before, maybe its just an illusion because of the angle? Also, is the medal taken from a medal bar or is it just a single mounted without the pin? Thank you in advance.
    Authentic Zahringer Lowen set? Authentic Zahringer Lowen set?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic Zahringer Lowen set?
    P
    Many

I agree that the cross is good. I'm no expert on the oakleaves, as I've only had one set in 585 gold which was of the standard form. I know there are variations in the design, and I've seen similar ones to this, but only as a miniature device on ribbon bars. It would be interesting to see the back of the leaves. I think the ribbon is good, but the cross was probably removed from a medal bar and new backing cloth was added.

I've seen this style before (or a very similar style)used on a Red Eagle Order
    but I think that were much better detailed than this. Sharper veins and texture.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks for the heads up, the seller was a bit weird and didnt want to send aditional photos of the oak leaves and then stated that he sold it, which is highly unlikable, since it was 30 mins after i asked him about additional pictures.