Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bavarian Regiments Medal - Collectable ?

Article about: Does anyone know anything about this Bavarian Regiments Medal, this one came with a WW1 convolute I bought. I seen it for the first time, after reading the citation on the medal I'm inclined

?

Default Bavarian Regiments Medal - Collectable ?

Does anyone know anything about this Bavarian Regiments Medal, this one came with a WW1 convolute I bought. I seen it for the first time, after reading the citation on the medal I'm inclined to think it maybe a "Regimental True Service Medal" this one coming from "Königliche Bayerische 7th Infantry Regiment" I don't know, whether these are very collectable or not . Any information would be welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bavarian Regiments Medal - Collectable ?   Bavarian Regiments Medal - Collectable ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bavarian Regiments Medal - Collectable ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bavarian Regiments Medal - Collectable ?

A veteran's medal. There were loads of different ones made. Some, like this one, were regimental. Very collectable in their own right.

Tom

?

Tom,
    Thanks for the post. I'm not really a great medal collector. I'll let this one go, would you happen to know what they go for ? Regards

I really like this medal. What you asking for it?

Alec, anything from $50 - $150 is what I have seen, but best to visit a few sites to determine value.

Tom

?

Hi Tom, Octavian,
    I did spend a couple of hours trawling through the internet, there was very little on these Veteran Bavarian Regimental Medals, I didn't see any enamelled ones at all. I do know one collector of these pieces from my military collectors club. I offered it to him for 80 euro - he nearly bit my hand off, another pricing mistake on my part ( think it should have been at the very top of the price range suggested by Tom). The reasons being, as he explained later, the enamelled ones were for NCO's and Officers, the plain ones were for other ranks, obviously the enamelled ones are rarer. He did however give me some background information, the veterans had to pay for the medal out of their own pocket, in Bavaria there over a ninety different regiments that issued these medals, infantry, artillery, cavalierly, etc, he has sixty of them. Yes, I assume now they are very collectable. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by AlecH; 09-19-2012 at 05:02 PM.