Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Cut Out Wound Badge

Article about: I have never seen one that was cut out, was this a common practice? I'm getting mixed reviews from collectors if real or fake, I did not pay anything for it because and I cannot get a good a

Default Cut Out Wound Badge

I have never seen one that was cut out, was this a common practice? I'm getting mixed reviews from collectors if real or fake, I did not pay anything for it because and I cannot get a good answer if real or fake, getting hard in todays market reproductions are getting better than the real one.
    Cut Out Wound BadgeCut Out Wound BadgeCut Out Wound Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cut Out Wound Badge
    P
    Many

They do exist and are a little rarer than regular wound badges.
    Here is one of my examples for you to compare.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ut-out-661511/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the Forum! The Cut-Out Variants were available for Private-Purchase...

cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Cut Out Wound Badge 

MAP
    ?

And mine for comparison as well (the black one). Compare the catch, pin, hinge as well as the details on the front of yours to Ralphs and mine. There were many different makers of these all with variations. I don't study these so I can't confirm if yours is authentic.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-black-534422/

These style of wound badges are real and collectable. As a bit of background, there different views on when they were produced and awarded. I think the most commonly accepted view is that these were private purchase pieces and not the actual issued awards. There is also the view that they were produced during the inter-war years.

Edit: Glenn beat me to it on the Private purchase aspect. But as said, this as far as I know is a theory, happy to stand corrected as I know only what I have read. That said, my silver version has what appears to be the price marking in ink on the reverse supporting this theory...most of which has worn away.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Cut Out Wound Badge

Thank you all for the welcome, and the information I hear so many companys in Europe are making these so good it's hard to tell from the real ones to the repro ones, they even go to the point of ageing them war time look. Cheers
    Quote by MAP View Post
    And mine for comparison as well (the black one). Compare the catch, pin, hinge as well as the details on the front of yours to Ralphs and mine. There were many different makers of these all with variations. I don't study these so I can't confirm if yours is authentic.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-black-534422/

These style of wound badges are real and collectable. As a bit of background, there different views on when they were produced and awarded. I think the most commonly accepted view is that these were private purchase pieces and not the actual issued awards. There is also the view that they were produced during the inter-war years.

Edit: Glenn beat me to it on the Private purchase aspect. But as said, this as far as I know is a theory, happy to stand corrected as I know only what I have read. That said, my silver version has what appears to be the price marking in ink on the reverse supporting this theory...most of which has worn away.

You are absolutely right-there are many many fakes on the markets of All German badges and,yes-they do age them very cleverly and they have fooled many an unwary collector. Some fakes are crude and obvious and Some fakes are Extremely well done and have fooled even advanced collectors. Usually, there is 1 or 2 minute things to look for on a badge to tell if it's authentic or not,but they can be very close indeed and some are nearing perfection...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."