Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Different ways to exhibit Iron Cross

Article about: Two beautiful ways to exhibit and preserve the great grandfather's Iron Cross.

Default Different ways to exhibit Iron Cross

Two beautiful ways to exhibit and preserve the great grandfather's Iron Cross.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Different ways to exhibit Iron Cross
    P
    Many

Really nice display, buddy. Both are good although I prefer the second one.

Saludos,
    MG.

Really nice and a great way to honor your grandfather.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

How did you create the bed for the cross? Foam that you cut out and covered with velvet?

Excellent display btw
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice way to display and preserve your grandfather's EK!
    Ralph.

Here is a recently produced copy of an original method that can be found occasionally.
    EK II in a Glass Dome, A little something I put together.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

An excellent way to display your EK and honor your Great Grandfather.
    Wilko

CBH
    ?

I too prefer the glass case, and it is a great way to display a Family Heirloom.

The first of the two examples is a metal box that I have seen on sale at least twice. Its appearance is from the twenties or thirties of the twentieth century. As a hobby, it is easily reproduced using an cheap brass or copper box, which is very often found in street markets, especially at Moroccan vendors' stands. I have seen another made with a brass box brought from Tunisia as a cheap souvenir.
    The second example is also easily reproduced using one of those copper and glass boxes that are easily found in flower shops or small ornaments for the house.
    In both cases, as well as in other original pieces that are seen on the internet the Iron Cross is over velvet of the color that is prefered. Get the relief shape of the decoration is made using plasticine, putty or clay under the velvet and pressing hard before they harden.
    In any case I apologize for the confusion that my misuse of English has caused them, I wanted to talk about exhibiting the decorations of the great-grandfather in general, not mine in particular. Fortunately my country did not participate in the Great War. I apologize again for the misunderstanding. During those years my great-grandfather was lucky enough to come back alive from the Spanish War in Morocco.

Very lovely displays! They certainly add the "je ne sais quoi" to any piece. Thank you for sharing!

Joel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast