Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker?

Article about: Hello to anyone interested - I have an E.K 2. Klasse from WW1. It seems authentic, it is three-piece, has a magnetic core and has the right look and feel. It is stamped in the usual place wi

Default E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker?

Hello to anyone interested - I have an E.K 2. Klasse from WW1. It seems authentic, it is three-piece, has a magnetic core and has the right look and feel. It is stamped in the usual place with the initials 'LW' ... This I believe was a genuine maker of E.K 2, but as far as I can tell the exact name is unknown today.

Apart from the mystery of the maker, it has a kind of end-clasp on the ribbon with a pin in it. I notice that the white stripes typically adorning the ribbon edges seem thinner than on standard E.K ribbons. I don't know, it just looks a little different and yet genuinely of the period.

Can anybody out there tell me why this ribbon might be different or if there are others out there like it? also if anyone knows who 'LW' was I would be grateful, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker?   E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker?  

E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker?
    P
    Many

?

Maybe this could help a bit until Chopperman and others can reply, you will have to use translator though..

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914 fur Kampfer
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The cross is a nice original "early" cross. I say early because of the sandcast core.
    The makers mark appears to be "LW". That is a known mark but I am not sure
    if we know who "LW" was. Some say Luis Werner but I believe that is just a guess.

The ribbon attachment is something that I have seen before. I believe this was done
    so that the guy could easily pin his EK to his civilian clothes. I think I have one similar
    somewhere.

Here is a picture of an LW maker mark that I found on the web.

Hope this helps,
    Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images E.K 2 unusual ribbon and who is the maker? 
    Last edited by Chopperman; 06-11-2021 at 04:41 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Default Crazy Idea

Many thanks to the blokes who have replied ...

I was very interested to learn that the maker could in fact be Luis Werner of Berlin. I shall have to look further into that. As for the ribbon - strange as it may seem, I'm wondering if it may be a replacement from another decoration. Of course I could be wrong but it looks a lot like the ribbon from the 'Pour Le Merite' ... although there's not much reason why that would ever end up on an E.K 2 I know. Definitely a similarity though;

https://www.emedals.com/media/catalo...1/m19_8999.jpg