Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ehren Kreutz - Cross of Honour

Article about: Tonight I stumbled across this Cross of Honour in a very round about way. It is part of a huge auction buried deep in the multitude of pages listing the items. First, is it an authentic piec

Default Ehren Kreutz - Cross of Honour

Tonight I stumbled across this Cross of Honour in a very round about way. It is part of a huge auction buried deep in the multitude of pages listing the items.

First, is it an authentic piece if you can possibly tell from the pictures? The marker is LNBG, Lauer.

Are the white areas places where the finish is coming off? This and the color make me think it's fake.

Is this cross desirable/valuable? I may be able to pick it up for next to nothing as it is buried deep in the auction of general stuff.

Here are pics from weltkriegs-ehrenkreuz.de of what I presume to be an authentic cross. This cross has a more golden color, if that matters.

If this is something I should look at, the inspection of items is today, 2/13

Thanks in advance

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehren Kreutz - Cross of Honour
    P
    Many

Lol, I just got my answer as to value - $15 - $30. That, I'm afraid will not get me out of bed storming down to the auction fighting traffic and slogging through, most likely, hordes of people. Still would be keen to know the answers to the questions about the piece as far as authentic or not.

?

Based on these pictures I would say the Ehrenkreuz is original. It is the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer or also refered to as the Hindenburg Cross.
    The Ehrenkreuz is not rare as millions were rewarded from 1934. Here in Europe I can get them from 8 euro up to 15 euro a piece.

Regards, Rik