Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Einwohnerwehr pin backs and ?

Article about: Picked up these two Einwohnerwehr pin back badges. It seems this was a type of "home guard" - I had to look it up. Also, these two somewhat strange skulls. I saw a pic once of a We

Default Einwohnerwehr pin backs and ?

Picked up these two Einwohnerwehr pin back badges. It seems this was a type of "home guard" - I had to look it up. Also, these two somewhat strange skulls. I saw a pic once of a Wehrwolf collar tabs with similar skulls, but was very blurry. The grin does look Wehrwolf to me. Of course they could just as likely be fantasy or ?.
    Pistol is just for a a period picture prop. Any comments are most welcome, and I would be grateful for any info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Einwohnerwehr pin backs and ?   Einwohnerwehr pin backs and ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Einwohnerwehr pin backs and ?
    P
    Many

Unfortunately, these Einwohnerwehr badges are recent copies. The details are a bit soft and they were never made with safety pin attachments. These have started showing up on eBay Germany over the last year. A real EW Deutschcland is worth about €125. A real EW Essen is scarce and worth about €300. These were actually service awards and came with very elaborate award documents.

The Einwohnerwehr were civil militia raised as auxiliaries during the communist uprisings in Germany in 1919-1920. They fall under the general category of the German Freikorps, 1919-1923.

The skulls are not Wehrwolf and may not even be German. At best, they're generic and not associated with any German paramilitary organization, IMO.

Thanks for the help. I had suspected the badges were bad, and I had no idea about the skulls one way or the other.

Quote by musashi View Post
    Thanks for the help. I had suspected the badges were bad, and I had no idea about the skulls one way or the other.
    This is what a real Einwohnerwehr Deutschland Honor badge looks like.