Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914

Article about: Hi, I just want to show you my first iron cross it is marked LW - Luis Werner. The seller from whom I bought it said that he was awarded a Bulgarian soldier on the Southern Front in the batt

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914

Hi, I just want to show you my first iron cross it is marked LW - Luis Werner.
    The seller from whom I bought it said that he was awarded a Bulgarian soldier on the Southern Front in the battle of Doiran
    Please excuse me for my English.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914   Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914  

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914   Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914  

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914
    P
    Many

Congratulations on your first Eisernes Kreuz - and a Beauty too! I still remember very well how absolutely Thrilled I was after getting my first 1914 EKII when was 13 years old...That was 42 years ago...

Glenn
    Last edited by GlennAgain; 12-10-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Congratulations on your first cross.
    It's a very nice looking original.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I too, raise my glass to you! Congratulations on your first cross! It was in the early 1980s when I obtained my first cross and I still remember that experience well.

Cheers once again and enjoy the moment.

Joel

?

great find. you did good.

?

I would also like to welcome you to the Imperial Eisernes Kreuz appreciation club.
    One is never enough, and as Joel and Glenn have already said you never forget the first one you own. I will always remember exactly where and when I acquired my first Imperial EKII. The shop has long gone but the memory remains and the EK has pride of place in my collection.

Your new EK is a very good example, love it.

Ken

?

Š¢hank you all,
    the first thing in my collection was a coin from the 2 Reichmark 1937, it will forever remain in my heart as something very precious and symbolic because I started with it this thing about 5 years ago when I was 15 years old.
    How do you store your awards? I put them in these transparent packages. Today, when I looked at my medals, it seemed to me that they were a little darkened. Is it possible that they are oxidized by the transparent bags?
    Excuse me for my English.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914   Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914  

Hi Emo,
    Yes it is possible that the the plastic might be causing the oxidation.
    I'm sure that someone here you suggest some safe clear packages for you.

also-- There is nothing wrong with your English.

As for how I store my crosses, I have mine in wooden cases with a glass lid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

You have a great collection!
    Now I read that these bags are made of pvc which is harmful to the medals so I will soon take as your box
    I keep them in these bags for about 3 years, maybe they have already suffered, unfortunately

emo,

I display my medals in a similar style as to Greg. I have had success with the Riker mount cases. Though I must say, I love the wooden cases and Greg may have inspired me to make the switch!

From what I've experienced with the Riker mount cases is that you can buy various sizes and they are still relatively inexpensive.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1914  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast