Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 Authentication - Well Worn

Article about: Hi guys My friends late Grandad had given him a some of his militaria and amongst various things including lots of British bits, there was also some German. Would anybody be able to assist i

Default EK2 Authentication - Well Worn

Hi guys

My friends late Grandad had given him a some of his militaria and amongst various things including lots of British bits, there was also some German.

Would anybody be able to assist in whether this one is genuine or not? Its missing the top ring for mounting (looks to be a notch where it would/should have been) and the core is magnetic as I have checked this and also moves very slightly within the cross frame (the same way my own personal genuine example does) so I have a feeling its fine but wanted to check with the experts.

I have a couple more to check if anybody else can assist but these are 1939 examples so I will post in the relevant parts of the forum

I am not sure how to rotate the pictures properly, please let me know if anybody can advise!

Thanks in advance
    Tom

EK2 Authentication - Well WornEK2 Authentication - Well WornEK2 Authentication - Well WornEK2 Authentication - Well WornEK2 Authentication - Well WornEK2 Authentication - Well Worn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Authentication - Well Worn
    P
    Many

Tom,
    I believe that your cross is a original.

Sometimes, loading your pictures from a PC instead of directly from a phone
    will let them rotate correctly. Also if the picture file is too large, they will
    rotate sideways .
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-23-2022 at 01:31 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you kindly for your reply. I have managed to sort the picture now I think, if that assists at all in authenticating! But I think I do agree with you. The medal feels right, had age and wear to it and the magnetic slightly moving core. I just wanted to run it by the experts so thank you.

Cheers!
    Tom

Pictures of the back would be helpful, rather then several from the front

Apologies, I've not had much luck with the photos! It looks well worn and possibly a bit of corrosion to the iron core (or at least a magnetic one so presumably iron)

Quote by sgabrie854 View Post
    Pictures of the back would be helpful, rather then several from the front
    I can see images of the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You are correct. I had to blow up the pics to see, I’m blind lol

The ribbon ring would have marked "KO" for Klein & Quenzer.
    It has the same core as this one ----
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Authentication - Well Worn  
    gregM

myself around.

Thanks very much guys.

Amazing you can identify a maker without have the rind or a stamp for reference! Is it because the mounting ring is attached slightly higher on KO crosses? I know on my own example the ring goes through the top of the cross whereas this looks more like it was bonded to the top of it. Unless I’m missing something more obvious!

Quote by Moshemotom View Post
    Thanks very much guys.

Amazing you can identify a maker without have the rind or a stamp for reference! Is it because the mounting ring is attached slightly higher on KO crosses? I know on my own example the ring goes through the top of the cross whereas this looks more like it was bonded to the top of it. Unless I’m missing something more obvious!
    On this particular cross, the fact that at one time it had a ring mounted high
    on the frame was a first clue. Then we look at the date and crown and other details.
    The crown was difficult to make out details but you can see the overall style of it.
    The date on this one uses a flat (low profile), wide font with a swooping "9". That
    font plus the style of the crown in conjunction with the high mounted ring points
    directly to "KO".
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-27-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    gregM

myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast