Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.

Article about: After having a recent box of various German awards & medals prove to be junk I'd like the learned members to check out a set under glass I have had for a fair while. My decision making r

Default German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.

After having a recent box of various German awards & medals prove to be junk
    I'd like the learned members to check out a set under glass I have had for a fair while.

My decision making recently has been totally rubbish so I wish these older militaria
    items I have to be checked out.

Please don't worry about the truth as I'm on a roll of being surrounded by fakes.

Thank you in advance, Mart.Attachment 1701762
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.   German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.  

German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.   German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.  

German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.   German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.  

German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.  
    Last edited by martyboy; 01-25-2024 at 11:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.
    P
    Many

?

Hey Mart, these need to be in the Imperial section as they are pre Third Reich. Hopefully one of the Mods will move the thread.

Try and get some clear front and back shots of each award and post them the right way up separately.

You might stand a chance here of some positive feedback. The EK2 and EK1 stand a chance although the ribbon on the EK2 looks modern.

I have no idea about the other EK shaped medal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The EK2 looks OK, the funny looking one could be a propaganda piece or one of those cereal box thingies, the EK1 has a chance but need to see a better shot of the core.

Hi Adrian,

I have added the pics you suggested but have no idea how to move the
    post to the Imperial section.

?

I think the EKII is ok. really not sure on the EKI, definitely need closer sharper images of the Core and reverse to the EKI.

Wilko

Hi,

Thank you for your opinion. Please see the rear view of the crosses.

Hopefully they will tell you more.

Thanks, Mart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.   German Iron Cross 1st & 2nd and Commemorative Cross.  

I agree with what's already been said.
    The Ek2 looks to be a good cross, possibly made by KO.
    The Ek1 definitely needs a closer look.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you-greatly appreciated advice.