Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gold Cut Out Wound Badge

Article about: Colleagues Looking to getting this for my imperial collection, what are you opinions on it? the only concern I have is the sword hilts they are both a different thickness other than that I h

?

Default Gold Cut Out Wound Badge

Colleagues

Looking to getting this for my imperial collection, what are you opinions on it? the only concern I have is the sword hilts they are both a different thickness other than that I have no issues, but your opinions are really appreciated.

Cheers Del
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold Cut Out Wound Badge  Gold Cut Out Wound Badge 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold Cut Out Wound Badge
    P
    Many

I don't collect WBs but I have to say that I am not very
    impressed with the quality of this one. Besides the different
    sword hilts there is a lot of material that was not cut out at
    the bottom of the helmet to the sword's blades.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

agreed

This is not a gold grade, it is a silver.
    Here is an original for you to compare the details.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ut-out-661511/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The quality looks awful. As was mentioned, the hilts seem different width and length, too much unremoved material. I would definitely not want to gamble on this one.

MAP
    ?

Ralph is correct. Looks silver to me. These I understand are private purchase pieces (and intra war, but could be wrong). Still highly collectable and look great. But not hard to find. I would wait for a no questions asked example.

Here is another to compare to.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-black-534422/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I used to like this particular pattern badge, however this style seems to show up on German Ebay quite a bit. What concerns me is the multitude of varying hardware used on a badge supposedly from the same maker? Note the uneven thinning of the wreath at the 11 o'clock position...they all have it. The final nails in the coffin for me was seeing two separate Ebay listings. The first had one of these in a bogus Assmann cellophane packet. This badge is definately not Assmann as a look at the badges in their catalogue will soon show. The second listing had a quantity of these without hardware claiming to be from the Deschler hoard. Find a safer example. Ralph & Michael: Your examples show as number 382 in the Otto Schickle catalogue.

Regards
    Brett

MAP
    ?

Thanks Brett. Do you have scan of the catalog? I only ask as the catch on both of mine are different
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Michael
    I am a total computer dunce & I wouldn't know how to send a scan. However here is a GMIC link to the Schickle catalogue.
    I have 8 Schickle type badges both cutout & plain & from memory two of these have the roundwire catch. Possibly a few
    different makers using the same design? Unfortunately the catalogue does not show the reverse.

Schickle and other wartime catalogues. - Page 2 - Germany: Third Reich: State, Civil, NSDAP Awards & Decorations - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Regards
    Brett

?

Guys

This is really helpful information, so here is another one I am looking at your thoughts as usual really appreciated. Is this a Gold award or is it silver which is down to base metal?

Cheers Delboy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Cut Out Wound Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold Cut Out Wound Badge 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast