Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Silver Naval Wound Badge Fake?

Article about: Hi All, I've just received another wound badge. This time it is a silver naval wound badge. I'd just like some other opinions about its originality. I find it difficult to judge with Imperia

?

Default Imperial Silver Naval Wound Badge Fake?

Hi All, I've just received another wound badge. This time it is a silver naval wound badge. I'd just like some other opinions about its originality. I find it difficult to judge with Imperial wound badges as, from my limited knowledge, most WW1 wound badges were produced post-war in the Weimar period where the economy was collapsing and therefore the quality of these pieces suffered in terms of metal quality/thickness. It's non-magnetic. Could anbody help please?

Last edited by rbminis; 01-28-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Silver Naval Wound Badge Fake?
    P
    Many

Is there any way you can post these the right way up so that members don't have to strain their necks to help you?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

All I know about Navy WBs is that fakes are far, far more common that originals.
    Good Luck.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Hi Ralph, thanks for the reply. The photos were the right way around on my laptop. But when I uploaded them here, the ended up like that. I don’t know how to rotate them once they’re uploaded here. Do you know how? I’m new to this, so still learning.

?

Default Naval Wound Badge

I've tried to upload the images again, but I cannot get them the right way around. I've rotated them on the laptop several times. But, when uploaded here, they remain side-ways.
    Last edited by BMUR82; 01-28-2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Trying to rotate images.

Quote by BMUR82 View Post
    I've tried to upload the images again, but I cannot get them the right way around. I've rotated them on the laptop several times. But, when uploaded here, they remain side-ways.
    You need to make the adjustment to the orientation in the folder where the pictures are stored before opening the picture.

Imperial Silver Naval Wound Badge Fake?Imperial Silver Naval Wound Badge Fake?

Here you go;

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks Mark. Do you have any idea if this is a genuine Imperial silver wound badge? It is non-magnetic. The detail seems sharp. However, in parts it isn't. I'm not sure if that's standard or down to differences between manufacturers. The pin, hinge and clasp seem okay and the dot pattern seems good. But, I'm no expert on naval wound badges. Thanks.

I have edited your original post to orient the photos correctly without re-sizing them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have edited your original post to orient the photos correctly without re-sizing them.
    Ralph.
    I didn't re-size them by any concious action so I don't know how it happened?

Thanks for pointing it out

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi Guys, is there anyone that can help me with this please? I only have a few days to return this item if it is a reproduction. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast