Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

My Kaiserreich ribbon bar collection

Article about: Hello Sirs. I would like to share with you all my collection of ribbon bars from imperial Germany. I have almost a hundred and today I want to show you some photos of that part of my showcas

Default Coming soon in this thread

Hello, gentlemen.
    During the next few days I will begin my vacation with a trip through Northern Italy, visiting some places very related to World War II, and some monuments dedicated to the Italian troops of Mountain "Alpini" whose hard withdrawal from the shore of the Don In 1943 I have always been a studious and profound admirer. Maybe I get some stories, ideas or images for future threads or to post on my blog.
    Before leaving I leave you in this thread the ribbon bars of Mecklenburg and an approximation of what I have yet to publish to finish this thread, during this summer. Best regards and see you.

Coming soon in this thread:

Oldenburg, Hohenzollern (Preussen), Reuss, Sachsen Königsreich, Sachsen Altenburg, Sachsen Meiningen, Sachsen Coburg-Gotha, Sachsen Weimar-Eisenach, Schaumburg Lippe, Schwarzburg Rudolstadt, Waldeck-Pyrmont, Württemberg, Freikorps und Weimar Republic, Commemoratives, Others: Kaiser Allies, Big Sizes, Doubts – Mistakes and Fakes, Index of ribbon bars of four medals, Index of ribbon bars “Serving in two wars”, Family Photos and Total Chaos.

Thank you all for visiting this page and support my work of many years.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Kaiserreich ribbon bar collection
    P
    Many

Default Mecklenburg ribbon bars

Above there are two images of the ribbon bars from the former Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin or from the former Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
    Mecklenburg-Schwerin was a German Grand Duchy (Grossherzogtum Mecklenburg-Schwerin) located on the German Baltic coast, between Schleswig-Holstein to the west and the Prussian province of Pomerania, to the northeast.
    Mecklenburg-Strelitz was another German Grand Duchy (Grossherzogtum Mecklenburg-Strelitz) located on the German Baltic coast, at the eastern end of the Mecklenburg Schwerin, with a small “territorial exclave” in Schleswig-Holstein.
    Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz together provided some battalions to complete respectively, 2 Regiments of Infantry, 2 Regiments of Cavalry and 1 Regiment of Artillery to the Kaiserliches Heer.
    The ribbon of the main medal of both Grand Duchies it´s identical. If we only see the ribbon, then we can´t distinct what is the ribbon of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, and what is the ribbon from Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
    The medal of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin is the Militär Verdienstkreuz 1914. II Klasse, instituted by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz IV from Mecklenburg-Schwerin. (Military Merit Cross, II Class, on combatant’s ribbon)
    The medal of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz is the Kreuz für Auszeichnung im Kriege 1914. II Klasse instituted by Grand Duke Adolf Friedrich VI from Mecklenburg- Strelitz. (Cross for Distinction in War “Brave and Loyal”, II Class, on combatant’s ribbon)

From left to right and top to bottom:
    01. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg (Schwerin or Strelitz)
    Its back is marked with de acronym “DRP” what means Deutsches Reichspatent (German Patent).
    02. EFK + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg
    03. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK.
    04. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK. (Serving in two wars, yes another one)
    This ribbon bar belonged to a citizen from Mecklenburg Schwerin or Mecklenburg Strelitz of one of the five Regiments with which the two Grand Duchies of Mecklenburg Schwerin and Mecklenburg Strelitz contributed to the Imperial Army. This man was distinguished for his courage by his Grand Duchy and also by the Empire with the EK2 1914. In 1934 its holder requested and obtained the EFK (Hindenburg Kreuz). This veteran of the Great War was enlisted again. We know it because in the second place of the ribbon (as it orders the regulation) we see the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1939 II Klasse mit Schwertern (KvK 1939) which tells us that its owner was on the combat front during WWII (by the swords). It was during this war when the ribbon bar was assembled, and the decorations were sorted from left to right, according to their importance. It´s probably that the holder was a doctor, surgeon, veterinarian or another kind of non-combatant officer, but destined to the front, during WWII.

Default Mecklenbrug ribbon bars (2)

Above two more images of the ribbon bars from the formers Grand Duchies of Mecklenburg.

01. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg (Schwerin or Strelitz)
    02. EFK + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg
    03. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK.
    04. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK
    05. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for combatants of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg + EFK + War-Welfare Medal (Kriegsehrenzeichen für Kriegsfürsorge), 1916 of the Grand Duchy of Hesse (more probably) or Gallipoli Star form Ottoman Empire (less probably). Both ribbons are very, very similar.
    06. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for Combatants, 1914. Great Duchy of Mecklenburg + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Bremen + EFK

Dear gentlemen:
    I apologize for this mistake.
    Obvoiusly when in the last post I wrote:
    06. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for Combatants, 1914. Great Duchy of Mecklenburg + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Bremen + EFK
    It actually is:
    06. EK2.1914 + Military Merit Cross, II Class, for Combatants, 1914. Great Duchy of Mecklenburg + Hanseatic Cross of the City of Lübeck + EFK
    Lübeck, not Bremen!
    I´m so sorry.

Default Oldenburg ribbon bars

Hello again Gentlemen.
    After a few days of holydays and with renovated forces thanks the italian sun.

Above there are two images of the ribbon bars from the former Grand Duchy of Oldenburg.
    Oldenburg was a German Grand Duchy (Grossherzogtum Oldenburg) located on the German coast of the North Sea, at the mouth of the Wesser.
    From top to bottom:
    01. Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EK2.1914
    02. EK2.1914 + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EFK
    03. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EFK. (Serving in two wars, yes another one)
    This ribbon bar belonged to a member of one of the two Regiments of the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg (1 Infantry and 1 Artillery) with which Oldenburg contributed to the Imperial Army or, more probably, to a member of the crew of some warship of the Kaiserliches Marine, because many citizens of the Grand Duchy were officers or sailors of the Kaiserliches Marine. Some 27.500 2nd Class Crosses were awarded, mostly to members of the Kaiserliche Marine from Oldenburg and from the rest of the Empire.
    This man was distinguished for his courage by his Grand Duchy and also by the Empire with the EK2 1914. In 1934 its holder requested and obtained the EFK (Hindenburg Kreuz). This veteran of the Great War was enlisted again. We know it because in the second place of the ribbon (as it orders the regulation) we see the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1939 II Klasse mit Schwertern (KvK 1939) which tells us that its owner was on the combat front or on board in a war ship during WWII (by the swords). It was during this war when the ribbon bar was assembled, and the decorations were sorted from left to right, according to their importance. He was probably a non-commissioned officer or an officer of a war ship on board again in WWII.

Default Oldenburg ribbon bars (2)

Above two more images of the ribbon bars from the former Grand Duchy of Oldenburg.
    From top to bottom:
    01. Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EK2.1914
    02. EK2.1914 + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EFK
    03. EK2.1914 + KvK 1939 + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EFK.
    04. EK2.1914 + Bremen Hanseatic Cross + Friedrich August Cross, II Class 1914 + EFK
    It is quite usual to find ribbon bars of the Imperial Germany with decorations of the former Hanseatic Cities and of the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg. In these cases of ribbon bars with this combination of medals, belong with almost total security to Officers, NCO or sailors of the Kaiser´s Navy.

?

Damn good job - respect

Default Prussia/Hohenzollern ribbon bars (1)

Above there are two images of the ribbon bars from the former Kingdom of Prussia.
    Prussia was a German Kingdom (Königsreich Preussen) the largest area and more population, by far, of the four that made up the German Empire. Its population of 36.500.000 was spread over a territory of 348.780 Km2. Its capital was the city of Berlin
    The German Imperial Army, which was structured on territorial-based regimental unity, was formed at the beginning of World War I by 218 regiments of infantry, 110 of cavalry, 101 of field artillery and 25 of heavy artillery.
    Prussia contributed 114, 77, 60 and 18 respectively to the Kaiserliches Heer. Therefore the Prussian regiments constituted the most important part of the Kaiser´s Army.
    The military decoration proper of the kingdom of Prussia was the Iron Cross (Eisernes Kreuz). This was, without doubt, the imperial military decoration most characteristic and typical of the Kaiserreich.
    But we can not forget that the Prussian Royal House was that of Hohenzollern. Thus, the Hohenzollern dynasty was, at the same time, the Prussian Royal House and the German Imperial House. Therefore, Prussia also had the decorations proper to his Royal House: the military orders of Hohenzollern.
    From top to bottom:

01. EK2 1914 + Cross for Merit (in Gold or Silver) whit Swords from 1910 of the House Hohenzollern + EFK
    02. EK2 1914 + EFK +Knight's Cross with Swords of the Order of the House Hohenzollern + Ottoman Empire, Osmani Nishani Order (probably)
    03. Knight's Cross with Swords of the Order of the House Hohenzollern + EFK + Medal of the German Legion of Honor

Default Prussia/Hohenzollern ribbon bars (2)

Above two more images of the ribbon bars from the former Kingdom of Prussia.

01. EK 1914 + EFK.
    02. EK2 1914 + Cross for Helping Services in War, 1916. Prussia.
    03. EK2 1914 + EFK + Cross for Merit (in Gold or Silver) whit Swords from 1910 of the House Hohenzollern.
    04. EK 1914 + EFK + Prussia Medal or Cross for Long Service.
    05. EK 1914 + EFK + German Empire Kaiser's Centennial Wilhelm I Medal.
    06. EK2 1914 + Knight's Cross with Swords of the Order of the House Hohenzollern + Ottoman Empire, Osmani Nishani Order (probably) +EFK.

Many thanks for following this thread. See you gentlemen.

Default Reuss ribbon bar

Above there are two images of my only ribbon bar from the former Princedom of Reuss.
    Reuss-Gera (Minor Line) and Reuss-Greiz (Major Line) were two tiny German Princedoms (Fürstentum Reuss Gera and Fürstentum Reuss Greiz) located in central Germany in the present Land of Thuringia, near the border with the Czech Republic.
    Reuss-Gera and Reuss-Greiz, like the rest of the german princedoms, were of so little entity that they did not form an independent regiment, so they provided battalions that were integrated in existing Prussian regiments.
    Obviously, the ribbon bars of this small Princedom are very infrequent and difficult to find.

01. EK2.1914 + Golden or Silver Medal of Merit with Swords + EFK.

See you soon gentlemen.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast