Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Article about: As a young boy in the early 70's, I obtained a cheap repo of a Pour Le Merite from Unique Imports. Since then, I have always wanted to add one to the collection. I held onto the Repo for 40+

Congratulations on the amazing find and making the dream come true! Honestly besides a real Napoleonic war Iron Cross I can't think of any other imperial award that matches a PLM. I saw one of these once in the wild at a large flea market a few years ago I'm not sure if it was a war time issue or post war replacement, but that will probably be the only time I'll see a real one in person. Did the previous owner have any information on the original owner of it? I know "a lot" of PLMs were awarded during WW1 to fighter aces.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    P
    Many

Very Nice Michael. Congratulations.
    I have also bought items from the sane gentleman and you can trust that it is
    the real. He is a stand up guy.

In 1966, as a 10 year old kid, I went to the theater and saw "THe Blue Max".
    They gave every kid who bought a ticket a plastic PLM. I wish I still had it.

It was movies like that and songs like Snoopy vs the Red Baron sparked
    my interest in ww1 all those years ago.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

That arrived fast! Glad you finally have one of these - it really looks nice displayed with the other medals as well.
    Very happy for you.

Nick

OMG!
    You did well.
    I wouln't mind having a post WWI eighter.
    Of course one of my "holly grales" (as well!), but I never wanted to mention it, especially to my wife;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

MAP
    ?

Nick: Thanks! I was surprised it arrived a day early. The tracking app didn't even say it was "out for delivery".

Greg: Looks like a few of us were hit by the bug on these awards early on in life. They are a thing of beauty for sure. (And you know Snoopy Red Baron songs are my favorite! )

Steve: No, unfortunately no history behind it. No surprising as it was not the issued example. I think this one has been traded around... (but not any longer! )

Kris: I only told my son. No one else. I was looking to buy one of the (much cheaper) post ww2 made "replacements" but found out they are not accepted as original by many who study these (to paraphrase someone: "they are trinkets"). So when offered this, it was a pure impulse buy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I do not know Awards Michael but I know you. And you are a serious and thoughtful Collector. Congrats on this piece (even if it’s a fake. Has a Typo should be "Merrite” can’t believe you didn’t catch that LOL JK). The story of the dream and finally obtaining one is worth every penny . Enjoy and nice collection and display!

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    I do not know Awards Michael but I know you. And you are a serious and thoughtful Collector. Congrats on this piece (even if it’s a fake. Has a Typo should be "Merrite” can’t believe you didn’t catch that LOL JK). The story of the dream and finally obtaining one is worth every penny . Enjoy and nice collection and display!
    Thanks Zach. Appreciate the kind thoughts. This is a "grail" type piece and I'm fortunate to have not only been offered it but also fulfilling a childhood dream!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Congratulations on the amazing find..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

MAP
    ?

A few new photos.....with a replacement neck ribbon

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Looking good!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast