Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Article about: As a young boy in the early 70's, I obtained a cheap repo of a Pour Le Merite from Unique Imports. Since then, I have always wanted to add one to the collection. I held onto the Repo for 40+

WOW Michael.. Great looking Grouping..
    I have posted the one I have. If you look at my posting you can see mine.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    WOW Michael.. Great looking Grouping..
    I have posted the one I have. If you look at my posting you can see mine.

John
    Is this the one?

Pour Le Merite ( Blue Max)

If so....looks great! A Godet?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    Sorry:
    I forgot to post this one.
    Here is the one I have.

John

MAP
    ?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    Sorry:
    I forgot to post this one.
    Here is the one I have.

John
    Love that ribbon!!!!

Great looking piece.

A lighter color blue or is that the camera. Capturing the correct color of these is very hard.

Do you know who it is made by and what period? There are so many different makers and I don't have much experience in telling them apart except for a few obvious clues. I also have very little expertise distinguishing between real and fakes. I heavily relied on other experts in purchasing mine. Not the best policy LoL...but in this case I had to ask for help.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not sure of the maker. I do know that the ribbon is very fragile because of age.
    It is a lighter blue. I look at it this way. If I was this old I would be a little faded also. LOL..
    I bid on another one today. It went way beyond my pocket book. $1150.00. It appeared to be a salesman sample.

John

So if I understand right the color of the Pour Le Merite was not standard and varied from light blue to dark blue, is that correct? I have seen that most are dark blue but there are ones
    that are sky blue and I guess Wagner made a range of these colors. Would appreciate any help on this subject since all of the books I have read so far make this claim. Thanks again.

MAP
    ?

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    So if I understand right the color of the Pour Le Merite was not standard and varied from light blue to dark blue, is that correct? I have seen that most are dark blue but there are ones
    that are sky blue and I guess Wagner made a range of these colors. Would appreciate any help on this subject since all of the books I have read so far make this claim. Thanks again.

I have yet to purchase any reference books and will admit, that post this purchase, I haven't spent much more time studying them. I do recall reading that the enamel colors varied between makers. I will say however, that photographing mine to get the true color was quite difficult.

Your PLM does look sky blue and there are many photos of the PLM being worn that look sky blue. As you said many have said that the colors varied and the PLM got darker closer to the end of the first world war. Maybe the guys here can recommend a book or two that show the sky blue PLM! Thanks

Just saw a picture of a sky blue PLM on German Helmet Wallhalla that is a button hole medal. Interesting!

?

watch what you wish for. you mite just get what you wish for. wishes do come true, and a good one for you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast