Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Article about: As a young boy in the early 70's, I obtained a cheap repo of a Pour Le Merite from Unique Imports. Since then, I have always wanted to add one to the collection. I held onto the Repo for 40+

MAP
    ?

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    Just saw a picture of a sky blue PLM on German Helmet Wallhalla that is a button hole medal. Interesting!
    Do you have a link?

I'm told that one of the best books out there is "Prussian Blue"

Prussian Blue A History of the Order Pour le Merite by Previtera, Stephen Thomas: Very Good Hardcover (2005) 1st Edition, Signed by Author(s) | Solvang Book Company
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    P
    Many

I can't comment on the content of "Prussian Blue", but if the it's anything like "The iron Time"
    the pictures will be very, very good.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Here I think is a link to the discussion with the picture. Thanks

Home Imperial German Militaria Imperial Medals & Badges 1842-1918 PLM W/Crown Buttonaire

MAP
    ?

Home Imperial German Militaria Imperial Medals & Badges 1842-1918 PLM W/Crown Buttonaire
    Not surprising as to who the owner is! LoL.

Yes, it has a nice light color.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So based on current and period photographs the PLM started off a lighter blue and then moved to the darker blue which was produced in larger numbers? I have the book Prussian Blue and it says there are many different shades of blue but no pictures of a sky blue. Just wondering. Thanks

MAP
    ?

So based on current and period photographs the PLM started off a lighter blue and then moved to the darker blue which was produced in larger numbers? I have the book Prussian Blue and it says there are many different shades of blue but no pictures of a sky blue. Just wondering. Thanks
    I really have no idea how or when the colors changed. I just ordered Prussian Blue and it arrives in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by MAP; 03-18-2021 at 03:23 AM. Reason: typo

I also ordered and received it! Great book but I don't see any of the sky blue PLM? I have see early photographs which they look sky blue compared to their other darker clothing. Maybe someone else has better ideas than mine! Thanks again.

MAP
    ?

I also ordered and received it! Great book but I don't see any of the sky blue PLM? I have see early photographs which they look sky blue compared to their other darker clothing. Maybe someone else has better ideas than mine! Thanks again.
    I would think a discussion with Previtera directly will help shed some light on this. Usually authors of these reference books are receptive to discussion. I don't know the answer so I can't help. Personally I think it is a combination of things. Primarily the lighting used in B/W period photographs, manufacture variances and changes over time. But this is just based on an assumption. These were awarded to the military officers 100+ years so it is no surprise that there are variations

Again, I only own one! And will probably never own another, so I do not dedicate much time to these.

I'm really looking forward to my copy as well.

?

Is that supposed to be a hyper link or should I cut and paste?

Its not hyper linking.
    Or is this just me?

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Is that supposed to be a hyper link or should I cut and paste?

Its not hyper linking.
    Or is this just me?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    It's a link to GHW.

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

The photos show different colors of the same PLM based on the lighting. A few are very lite (sky blue?) and the others are a bit closer to what we typically see (but still lighter)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast