Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Article about: As a young boy in the early 70's, I obtained a cheap repo of a Pour Le Merite from Unique Imports. Since then, I have always wanted to add one to the collection. I held onto the Repo for 40+

?

I am a member there. I see it now with your link.
    Good link by the way

Shouldn't the "Link" posted take me to the site and then I would know to log in??
    The OP's link, It does not appear in the highlighted fashion like most Hyper links and I can not click on it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I am a member there. I see it now with your link.
    Good link by the way

Shouldn't the "Link" posted take me to the site and then I would know to log in??
    The OP's link, It does not appear in the highlighted fashion like most Hyper links and I can not click on it.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Probably just an error with the copy and past. But it is a nice thread
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would think a discussion with Previtera directly will help shed some light on this. Usually authors of these reference books are receptive to discussion.
    I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Chopperman. I am just interested in the sky blue PLM that has been shown and books refer to and appears to be in pictures of the time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pour Le Merite - Wagner   Pour Le Merite - Wagner  

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
    This is what I found out.

The very early PLMs were lighter because the blue enamel was applied over a chalk
    colored linen. Later PLMs all had blue enamel throughout however each maker had their
    own interpretation of what that blue should be. Much like how the PLMs themselves are
    different depending on maker with Godet being consistently darker and Wagner, Freidlander
    middle tone, with Rothe and Neffe lighter.

Thank you Mr. Previteria for your help.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 03-21-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Many thanks Greg (and Mr. Previteria)

Good information. I will be sure to look for these characteristics as I read through Mr. Previteria's book!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That makes sense. The PLM in the black and white photo almost looks white! If it were darker blue it would be darker closer to the Iron Cross 1st Class. Looking forward to more photos.
    Thanks!!

Does any one have more pictures of the sky blue PLM? Thanks for the great responses.

MAP
    ?

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    Does any one have more pictures of the sky blue PLM? Thanks for the great responses.
    No. Although as I read through "Prussian Blue" (only 20 pages in so far), as Greg notes above, the very light sky blue was mostly with very early PLM's due to the two stage enameling process.

After that, my uneducated view is that for the PLM's we now see (almost always from the early 1900's) it comes down to the makers view as to what "sky blue" is. I would think, if at all possible you should look for examples make by Rothe and Neffe and them compare them to a Wagner or Godet.

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    I wish, I could... ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast