Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver framed Godet

Article about: Greetings all , I'm looking for some information on this Silver framed Godet. It was described " Silver frame " when I bought it. Marked G for Godet was a bonus

EK2
    ?

Default Silver framed Godet

Greetings all , I'm looking for some information on this Silver framed Godet.
    It was described " Silver frame " when I bought it. Marked G for Godet was a bonus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver framed Godet   Silver framed Godet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver framed Godet
    P
    Many

Quite honestly, I don't know what to say about this one.
    I've been looking at it for a half hour and as much as I want too, -- I can not
    find anything wrong with it.

I've compared it to my own Godets and it's a perfect bead for bead match.
    It's just that it looks too perfect. It is either the most well preserved 100 year old
    cross that I have ever seen or someone did and amazing restoration. The part
    that gives me some concern is the frame itself (and this may just be due to the
    light in the photo) but the outer frame almost looks like it is painted silver or
    not made of actual silver at all.
    As I said, it may just be the lighting effect of the photo. Of coarse, there is a third
    very scary option that I do not want to even think about right now.

Ek2, you have the cross in hand, what do you think?

I would very much like to know how much it weighs.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

If that's a 100+ year old EK2, all I can say is WOW.
    I have never seen one in that good a condition.
    I've never seen a TR era EK that nice. It's stunning.
    Not sure the ribbon is a period one going by the small amount of edges I can see however.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Never say Never in this hobby as there is still Mint wood in the woodwork still.

I have seen some amazing minty finds in this hobby and there a first for everything.

As Greg stated..the weight shall determine

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I concur, the most minty EK2 I have ever seen.

I would say that the frame has been professionally cleaned, maybe in an ultrasound bath. It is not that mint, as the frame has split on the left of the 12 o'clock arm on the reverse. Ribbon also looks new, but that is not a worry.

?

Well I'm going to agree with what's already been added. From the pictures that looks brand spanking new, amazing condition. If this truly is unrestored and in factory finish we'd all want one.

I've NEVER seen one in this condition, what a fantastic Godet EKII. Well spotted on the frame, left 12 O'clock arm, I missed that.

Ken

What's everyone's opinion on the frame beading?
    Is it just burnished to make it appear a slightly different color or is it frosted?
    Some Godet's were known to have a frosted frame similar to later TR crosses.

Hard to for me to tell from the pictures.

Never mind. I answered my own question. It's just a trick of the lighting.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Gents,

Either my eyes are deceiving me or that too,I'm the scared to say, is the most mint cross that has come into my crosshairs. I cannot give a definitive answer as to this being period made. I want to say yes, however I'm still skeptical.
    A beautiful cross either way.

Joel
    Last edited by buellmeister; 07-15-2023 at 11:16 PM.

EK2
    ?

Thank you Gentlemen, your comments are greatly appreciated. I'm sorry, I 4got2 mention in the post. I took a chance on this cross, it had a stain on it. I cleaned it with a very light soap & water. then used a silver cleaner and very lightly cleaned the frame , not a harsh or professional cleaning by any means . I have a few other EK'S to compare it with. In hand and under magnification, I have no questions it's authentic. I dont see any crack left side on the 12 o'clock arm. I'll get it weighed when I can & take some more pics and post. I have another Godet coming from a trusted source and can't wait to compare them. Haha The reason I bought it and cleaned it is to replace the "KO"
    Cross I have hanging in the windshield of my Big Rig @ wrk and wanted a silver frame to shine in the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast