Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

War Time made Wound Badge?

Article about: Hello guy's. I picked up the silver wound badge today only because it did seem a little different in construction, rear hook and so on to my other three. I was told due to being painted stee

Default War Time made Wound Badge?

Hello guy's.

I picked up the silver wound badge today only because it did seem a little different in construction, rear hook and so on to my other three.

I was told due to being painted steel and the type of hook and pin set up it would be considered a war time made badge.

First is it OK and second is this true to make that assumption on the time frame of manufacture.

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Time made Wound Badge?   War Time made Wound Badge?  

War Time made Wound Badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Time made Wound Badge?
    P
    Many

Looks good to me

Good looking badge with a somewhat unusual catch plate.

From what I remember, those with this catch are normally mounted with the plate below the catch, and are stamped D.R.G.M.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cheers for the reply.
    Should I be concerned if it doesn't? or is this just in the range of variations.

Thanks again

?

It is a good badge that is sometimes attributed to AWS. Here are 2 WAF threads. The first shows a solid silver badge for design comparison, the second discusses the hardware in question:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards
    Brett

Yup, I have one of the DRGM examples, but the catch plate is an integral part of the obverse stamping and is then flipped over.