Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2

Article about: Hi guys got this as an early Christmas present today but I'm not sure about it tbh what do you guys think? It is marked to the ring SW thanks in advance for any comments appreciated as alway

?

Default Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2

Hi guys got this as an early Christmas present today but I'm not sure about it tbh what do you guys think? It is marked to the ring SW thanks in advance for any comments appreciated as always sorry about pics I'm no good at this tec stuff

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2   Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2  

Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2
    P
    Many

Looks alright to me Brian but as you quite rightly point out the pictures are really bad

Doug

?

Thanks for the reply Doug I took about 15 pics with iPhone and there the best 3 and there bad it was purchased from eBay so that put a doubt in my head s8 away my other half got it for me there is a 14 return on it

?

Here's a pic of the front this looks a bit clearer the bottom looks a bit wonky to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 eisernes kreuz 2  

Hi Brian,

I wouldn't like to go firm on these pictures which as you say are not very good. What you need are clear well focussed pics taken at 90 degrees straight on. Have a look around the various sections here (not just EKs) and you should see what I mean.

However, from what we can see it looks ok at first glance although the colour balance seems well out of kilter which is making the frame look like brass. It isn't is it? A pic of the maker mark is always a good idea too.

I am not aware of these being seriously faked beyond the obvious "fancy dress" level and SW is a known maker (Sy Wagner of Berlin).

Is it of three piece construction ie the frame in two parts front and back over an iron core? You should be able to see this around the inside of the frame as clearly separate pieces plus there should be a solder seam between the frame halves around the outside.

Here is a list of known marks (not all marks are attributed to makers though)

Makers of the 1914 EK2

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi mark the front metal does look a bit brassy but isn't it is of three piece construction can't see the solder seam though

What is stamped on the ribbon ring?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

SW Ralph

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    SW Ralph
    Sy Wagner.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Cheers Ralph watchdog told me that in earlier post but thanks anyway

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast