Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Wound badge gold

Article about: Hi All Looking for an opinion on this wound badge. It looks good but i know these can be quite rare and want to be sure. Not purchased as yet. I have a few not gold and it looks right.

Default WW1 Wound badge gold

Hi All
    Looking for an opinion on this wound badge. It looks good but i know these can be quite rare and want to be sure. Not purchased as yet. I have a few not gold and it looks right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Wound badge gold   WW1 Wound badge gold  

WW1 Wound badge gold  
    Last edited by Gargoyleman1; 10-25-2023 at 07:45 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Wound badge gold
    P
    Many

?

Mate, these are not rare by any means, made by many manufacturers from 1918 to the early 40s, as awarded and private purchase replacement pieces.

The badge you show is a known pattern, however the photos leave a lot to be desired.

Regards
    Brett

?

A pic of the back would be useful, the reverse hardware is an important feature of identifying original and fake badges.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi
    When i said rare probably should have explained better but i meant rarer than black and silver. Attached is a back view of the gold badge and a black one i have. Strangely the hinge is set lower on this one and not on the laurel leaves.

?

The badge is fine. I have seen comments on certain forums that this particular design points to Deumer. However, prodding away, trying to get concrete evidence such as a catalogue page with matching image or other proof, invariably draws a blank, with absolutely nothing to back up the claims made as far as maker is concerned. You will also find this same design with a block hinge. It's a nice looking badge. Do you want to post a photo of the front of that black badge?

Regards
    Brett

Thanks for the info Brett. Added a couple of images of the front of the black badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Wound badge gold   WW1 Wound badge gold  

This is probably not very helpful as it's just a drawing however
    this is from The Deumer catalog summer of 1934.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Wound badge gold  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Chopperman

What sort of money should the gold badge be going for. What would you say a good price was Brett?

?

Thanks for the catalogue page Greg. That's the picture that gets bandied about as concrete proof that these badges are Deumer. A bit inconclusive I would say.

Regards
    Brett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast