Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Field Honour Badge "Hamburg Cross"

Article about: I picked up this nice "Hamburg Cross" set. While I'm aware that these were not official National WWI service awards, I find them very appealing and affordable. I was primarily inte

?

Default WWI Field Honour Badge "Hamburg Cross"

I picked up this nice "Hamburg Cross" set. While I'm aware that these were not official National WWI service awards, I find them very appealing and affordable. I was primarily interested in obtaining the stickpin which is very nicely detailed. I have a pin in my collection that lacks the detail and scalloped border of this one. Enjoy the pics.

Al

WWI Field Honour Badge "Hamburg Cross"WWI Field Honour Badge "Hamburg Cross"

Here it is at home in my stickpin collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Field Honour Badge "Hamburg Cross"
    P
    Many

?

Some high definition photo's from the website for future reference.

?

Very Nice! I had never seen one before, until I believe it was Ralph who posted his..

That is a wonderful stick pin collection you have there.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice! I had never seen one before, until I believe it was Ralph who posted his..

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yes it was Phil.
    Apparently, there are 4 different pin types and 7 variations of these.
    Some of mine can be seen here.
    Deutsches Feld-Ehrenzeichen
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post

That is a wonderful stick pin collection you have there.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil, I've always wanted to add one these to my collection and was fortunate enough to get the set for not too much $. The new stickpin was just an added bonus. I read a thread where Ade referred to these as "vanity awards" because they were unsanctioned private purchases until they were banned when the the official Hindenburg Cross was established.
    Al

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Yes it was Phil.
    Apparently, there are 4 different pin types and 7 variations of these.
    Some of mine can be seen here.
    Deutsches Feld-Ehrenzeichen
    Ralph.
    Awesome Ralph, thanks for the link. I should have known to the search for "Deutsches Feld-Ehrenzeichen" and not Hamburg cross. I was surprised to find such few threads on this medal until now. I wasn't sure if we used the German terminology on the Imperial forum as well.

Thanks, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Awesome Ralph, thanks for the link. I should have known to the search for "Deutsches Feld-Ehrenzeichen" and not Hamburg cross. I was surprised to find such few threads on this medal until now. I wasn't sure if we used the German terminology on the Imperial forum as well.

Thanks, Al
    Thanks Al!
    Most don't, but I usually do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

These are good looking, under appreciated awards.
    I think the miniatures are little works of art.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.