Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.

Article about: Good afternoon, I recently purchased this award, the bottom half from one source and the top half from another. It looked very interesting. However, I can’t find anything online regarding

Default WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.

Good afternoon, I recently purchased this award, the bottom half from one source and the top half from another. It looked very interesting. However, I can’t find anything online regarding information about it.

-What I know-

•The award is marked with “ Preussischer Landes Kriegerverband” along the band on the bottom.

•Awarded for Prussian war veterans.
    ———————————————— ——————-
    you’ll notice that on some variants there would be a loop along the top of the bottom half to link both the top (marked 25) and the bottom halves together.

Mine does not, indicating perhaps it was not intended to be awarded with the top half at all?

i’m looking for any information pertaining to this award. Thank for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.   WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.  

WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.   WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Imperial German Prussian Veterans Badge.
    P
    Many

google search --
    Preussischer Landeskriegerverband Mitgliedsabzeichen fur 25 Jahre (1.Form)

It sounds like, you've already figured it out. They were awarded in three levels- without the oak leaves, with a 25 year oakleaves, or a 50 year oakleaves. Your medal does not have the attachment ring on it so presumably it was the first piece and never meant to have the 25 year
    oakleaves attached to it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greg is right, these came in three classes depending on time spent in the organisation.

Thank you for the confirmation when it comes to the levels. Now that that is figured out I have now been hoping to find out exactly when my piece was made, or were it was manufactured. Thank you for the information. Given the 25 anniversary number, I had imagined this particular award what is been manufactured at around the time of the 1890’s?

I think these date to the Weimar period.