MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The best Fairs / Shows in the World

Article about: As a new year approaches I’m keen to understand where and when our best Fairs and Shows are. To try to narrow the list down, let’s have two categories:- - Best mixed militaria fair - Best ve

War & Peace is great as is military Odyssey ,My favourite local show is the GHQ militaria fair at the Farnham maltings surrey ,As always Caveat emptor but there are some good dealers there (if in England google GHQ militaria fairs ) Regards, Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The best Fairs / Shows in the World
    P
    Many

Thank you all......'very Western Europe biased so far.....there MUST be others...in Eastern Europe? In the US? In Aisa?

In the USA the Annual February Militaria Show in Louisville, Ky Show of Shows aka SOS. There is a good site about it on the Net. There is also the Raleigh N.C. Militaria Collectors show three times a year, January, September, June.. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

...actually, whilst on this topic....did anyone go to "new Damyns" [UK] this year?....I've been going ever since they started at Damyns Hall but had to miss this years at it's new location.......it'd be good to hear from anyone who's done both the new and the old (last years) sites....and bit bit more than a sentence would be helpful....

My own favourite, especially for medal collectors has to be the "Giant Leeds" at Pudsey Civil Hall just north of Leeds

'interesting...'not done that one...is it big?...is it just medals?....'good parking?....I might take a run up one day....

Lightbulb

Tricky topic as European shows have become something of a 'moving target'. It also depends on an individuals' area of collecting - eg I like weapons, munitions and equipment so prefer outdoor shows whereas a collector of decorations will do better at an indoor show.

My own 'best' shows are Ciney and La Gleize ( although I went to neither in 2017 and have heard reports that ever-tightening European regulations are having an impact ). Best news of 2017 was that War & Peace ( with the move back to its spiritual home at Beltring ) has rediscovered its mojo ; let's see what happens in 2018....

But my personal best is La Gleize - it actually happens on the battlefield and you are greeted by a King Tiger. That's hard to beat.....

Quote by Composite View Post
    'interesting...'not done that one...is it big?...is it just medals?....'good parking?....I might take a run up one day....
    Hi Ade, I have done Pudsey a few times in the past. A good general arms fair with a mix of items. Medals, bayonets, de-acts etc. Parking is ok outside the venue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Composite View Post
    It is quite big. No, it's not just for medals. It has pistols,swords, antique armour etc. a bit of something for everyone really. Best of all, lots of free parking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2