Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bovington Tank Fest 2015

Article about: I've got my tickets to the UK booked for late June and plan to be at Bovington for the Sunday show on June 28. Is anyone from the forum going? Would be great to catch up with some of you.

Hi Martin, that is great! Look forwards to seeing you there. No idea on the cost of VIP tickets. I dread to think.

Last year documentary maker and TV presenter Dan Snow and comedy legend Bernard Cribbins were there. Saw Dan, but he did not stop to speak. Bernard was very nice and stopped for a chat about the anti tank rifle. He is a Vet of the Parachute Regt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bovington Tank Fest 2015
    P
    Many

Hey yeah looks like its going to be a fun day, im sure there £250 cant remember but they sell out fast, also a ticket went on Ebay to ride in the Tiger for a couple of grand
    but your ViP anyway Ade

sounds good cant wait

Martin

I'm staying in Lymington tonight, aiming to get to Bovington around 10:00 tomorrow. Hope the weather will be as nice as today!

Well, that's me...all tanked out after a day where too many tanks were barely enough. Got lots of photos (hopefully some good ones) so will post them when I get back to my PC in Qatar in 10 days. Highlight of the day would have to be catching up with Ade for a chat at the brilliant 2nd guards display.

Hi Glenn, it was great to meet up with you! A real pleasure to meet you.

Poor Glenn had to wait for ages to get a word in edgeways with me! He had to come back several times. We were so busy with members of the public. They all wanted to talk about the PTRS anti tank rifle.

Saw BBC's female war correspondent Kate Adie as she came over to see our display.

We had a guest over from Moscow and several members of the Russian Embassy plus Viktor who owns "World of Tanks" on our display. So it was a very busy time. We had a big surprise. Those of us who went to Moscow in May for Victory Day were all officially decorated by the Russian Govt with the 70th Anniversary Medal of the Great Patriotic War!

It was 12.30am before we got home last night.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Well, that's me...all tanked out after a day where too many tanks were barely enough. Got lots of photos (hopefully some good ones) so will post them when I get back to my PC in Qatar in 10 days. Highlight of the day would have to be catching up with Ade for a chat at the brilliant 2nd guards display.
    Looking forward to seeing the pics Glenn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

well i was there Sunday,

Ade i though you was in the English regiment i looked a few times for you, i must of walked past quite a loads of times wanted to say hello, i was in the German paratrooper section had a good chat with some of the guys there healed a few guns, me and my GF was shocked how good its was and how good the reactors was. got loads of pics also
    went back today to see the museum to have a good look around was nice and quite today, to see the tanks in real life was just amazing, the King Tiger is something els and the Panther Wow
    i just spent all day looking at them

got loads of pics
    the battle at the end was amazing next year im booking both days maybe ViP one day

Hi Martin, sorry we missed you! I do re-enact Brit Airborne at some shows, but not very often now.

It is a great museum and I look forwards to the pics. The FJ lads are a good bunch of guys. Sadly I never get to see the battle properly as I am always busy on the display.

Cheers, Ade.

Who's these two handsome looking buggers then hey?

Bovington Tank Fest 2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast