Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Imperial War Museum London

Article about: Hello falks! I made a visit at the IWM London and I am glad to present you my collection of photographs! Since I took nearly 500 photos I'm not going to show you everything as this post woul

Default Imperial War Museum London

Hello falks!

I made a visit at the IWM London and I am glad to present you my collection of photographs!
    Since I took nearly 500 photos I'm not going to show you everything as this post would never end but I'll show you some of my favorites alongside with their description labels which I also photographed!
    It is going to be a long post so sorry in advance and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!!

Here we go...

****Please bare in mind that there was an exhibition about the Holocaust so some distarbing images are included****

The ammo of these guns compared to my height! I'm 1,9meters...

V1
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Τ-34 '50s made...
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

He 111 parts...
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

X-7's wreckage
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Mighty 88! (that gun is biiiig)

Lancaster nose section!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Me-110 nightfighter tail fin with victory marks!

Incediary bombs!

USAAF bomber sights and leather jacket!!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Gotta catch 'em all!!!

Japanese Katana swords!

Kamikaze attack fragments and leftovers!

Japanese flag!

Zero fighter found in the 50s!!!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Union Jack flag!

One of my favorite items!! The massive eagle...

A D-Day veteran!!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

USSR weaponry lot!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

V2 monster!

BMW mounted with an MG34!

WW2 Jolly Roger!

Lovely dioramas of the "weird" tanks of D-Day!

Monty's desert toy!

Monty vs the Desert Rat!

Africa used mines, signs and metal detector!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Tobruk metal sign!

Equipment used in Africa!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

LRDG wrecked truck!!

Merlin engine! Such a beauty!!!

Little Boy!

A good reason to visit pubs more often!!

Parts of the Berlin wall and a warning sign!

WW1 exhibition and some trophies!!

German soldier!

His french friend!

Big Bertha projectile!! 42cm and 3 tons!!!

Doom Doom bullet!

I could feel the force from that object! At least he didn't understand what hit him... RIP

This is my favorite collection of the museum! Wooden and metal signs from the trenches! So much character in these items!!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

The second favorite collection!! Melee weapons for the trenches! Medieval things that remind us how easily things can go south in war...
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Armor used for various reasons!!

Observation tools and techniques!

British hand-camouflaged coat and a German sniper rifle!

Nasty stuff!

More nasty stuff!!

Equipment to avoid the nasty stuff!!

Cookie!

Lusitania!!

The mascot!!

Lets hope the owner of the physical helmet was as lucky as the guy in the photo!

Crossfire!

One of the most famous items of the museum!

More trophies!! Helmets, drum sticks, weapons and knives!

Observation car from a Zeppelin!

Zeppelin parts!

Zeppelin bomb!

13 star flag!

RIP!

Lucky charms!

British leather helmet and goggles for use by tank crews!

Lewis machine gun and Lee Enfields! One with a bayonet and the other with grenade launcher!

German aviation relics! Part of the Red Baron's airplane!

Stormtrupper armed to the teeth!
    Imperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum LondonImperial War Museum London

Souvenirs taken from german POWs

****WARNING from now on is the Holocaust exhibition, please avoid if you don't feel comfortable wit hthe subject****

German brownshirt's uniform and SS camp guard uniform!

SS items!

Krystalnacht!

Posters and signs...

Items found near Sobibor Death Camp...

Jew stars...

Cattle wagon used for the transportation of prisoners...

Zyklon B and items from prisoners at Auschwitz...

Inmate's uniforms and an SS guard cap...

Slave labour...

A story of luck!

Physical punishment! The book is astonishing...

Execution announcement!

A coward's way out...

SOOOOORRY for the long post!! I hope you enjoyed it!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial War Museum London
    P
    Many

Thanks for sharing the photographs. It looks as though you had a good time!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Glad you enjoyed it, I've not been since I was a kid. My boy wants to go there & the Natural history museum. Might have to get there after Xmas. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    My boy wants to go there & the Natural history museum. Might have to get there after Xmas.
    Make sure to visit the Science Museum as well. I loved it.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Make sure to visit the Science Museum as well. I loved it.
    I know Andrea, I lived not far from them all as a kid. A day in each one is really the minimum to appreciate them properly. Stewy

I really like the Mauser with the engraving to the wood!

JMM
    ?

Thanks for the tour. I've not been to the IWM for some years - glad to see the museum has so many more items at display (they have also changed a lot the way of displaying them)
    Always found that eagle impressive! I'm sure they have hundreds of items more that are not in display. The "little boy" is also a very "historicaly interesting" item.
    I agree with you about the WWI exhibition - it's amazing. I remember when they opened it (it was then called the trench experience)
    One of the best militar museums
    Thanks for the pics

You're welcome guys!
    I spent 6 hours there and it felt like minutes!! The previous day I was at the Natural History Museum! I try to see as many museums in England as possible since my field of studies is relevant!
    I'm 100% sure that the storage rooms of this and every other museum is where the real treasure is! I can only imagine the treasures of that museum! I will apply there to work next year!!!
    And sorry for the Willys jeep... It was not intented to get with the Holocaust pics...

Great thread --- thank you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

thanks for posting That was Great
    Bob

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast