Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Long Island Antique Historical Gun and Militaria Show

Article about: This Sept 29 and 30th. A very small local show but I have found many hidden gems over the years. Link to the website Long Island Antique Historical Arms Society, Inc. Held in the Freeport Re

MAP
    ?

Default Long Island Antique Historical Gun and Militaria Show

This Sept 29 and 30th. A very small local show but I have found many hidden gems over the years.

Link to the website

Long Island Antique Historical Arms Society, Inc.

Held in the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11530

I will be there Saturday at 9:00. So if you live in the area let me know if you would like to go.
    Last edited by MAP; 09-25-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Long Island Antique Historical Gun and Militaria Show
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well the fair came and went. I was quite surprised. Attendance was pretty good (some photos with a few people were just when the doors opened) and there was actually lots of decent stuff there. Just goes to show that these small local shows still have some life left in them.

Was nice to bump into StingRay when I was there (he's in one or two of the photos but I will not say which one )

I didn't get to walk around as much as I wanted as I was covering a friends table for a while as he had to run out.

Next show is in December so if you live in the area would be great to have you stop by!

Can you spot my new eReL Infantry Officers visor in the photo below???

And here is Rene's new M1938 Lensatic Compass........

Last edited by MAP; 10-04-2018 at 02:26 AM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a quality show. The small one in my area are fairly poor with a few exceptions.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Looks like a quality show. The small one in my area are fairly poor with a few exceptions.
    John
    Typically the show has had 95% fakes with just a few dealers I trusted. But over the last few years it has gotten better and I was very surprised when I walked in. It's a mixed bag of stuff with WW2 being maybe 30%. There is another even smaller show (1/3rd the size) near me. For years I never went because it was junk but a few really good local dealers started going and I've picked up some great stuff.

Great pics and thanks for sharing...apart from the firearms (ours are DeAc), that could be any one of the UK Fairs I go to....'interesting.

I LOVE going to Fairs/Shows....even when I suspect the items might not be so good...but I still learn stuff and, perhaps most important, are the folks you meet. I think we spend too much time behind keyboards (for the youngsters, that's how old folk type stuff!) and don't interact enough...it seems to be the PEOPLE that keep me going now above the PIECES themselves. Too many people avoid them because "there's nothing there I want".....but firstly you can never know that unless you go....AND you should want to meet other collectors. And there's always that pre-opening "rush" that there actually MIGHT just be that hyper rare piece for twenty five quid somewhere tucked away.....and even though that's only happened a handful of times the fact that it HAS happened keeps you going. And unlike Ebay, unless you go, you'll never know.......

The day I stop going to Fairs / Shows will be a very sad one indeed!

Thanks again MAP.

Ahh Great to see where the M38 comes from! Thank You, reminds me of the gun shows here in Melbourne.
    Would have been a show the Wifey could endure.

Must say this is the type of show I'd like to pass off my junk pile later on, nice and relaxed.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-03-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

...trouble is you'd be hanging onto a last few bits for years...Ebay it all one by one...you'd sell every last bit of stuff you've got....there's some mighty weird folk out there who'll buy ANYTHING......well, we did!

Ah what ever doesn't get picked, the nieces will have to contend with the rest!

okie the Wifey will be loading and stacking too. At retirement time that is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast