Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Odyssey Show

Article about: Hi Did anyone make to this event at the weekend? It was my first time, but I only went on the Sunday so probably missed a lot of good stuff for sale in the first two days. There was, as usua

?

Default Odyssey Show

Hi

Did anyone make to this event at the weekend? It was my first time, but I only went on the Sunday so probably missed a lot of good stuff for sale in the first two days. There was, as usual at these events, the usual repro/junk, but alongside this some really great stalls and sellers (especially the indoor traders hall). I picked-up a couple of modest items, but it was just great to get out again and re-engage in person with people rather than just online.

I understand there is a lot of frustration with traders that W&P was cancelled and the organiser may not have played it straight (just what I heard), but hoping this doesn't mean it is off for next year as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odyssey Show
    P
    Many

I was there from Thursday till monday and it was a great show . little lower in numbers re reenactors compared to before but alot of trade , i got a panzerfaust , westinghouse moison nagant , crimean Russian percussian musket and to tone it down probably a couple fake badges il need to return. will post on here

Having been to Military Odyssey a few times (not this year, unfortunately), I found the Sunday to be somewhat lacklustre compared to the other days. Half the traders seemed to have packed up and gone home by mid morning, and there was an overall feeling of things winding down. If you go next year, one of the earlier days is a better choice.

As for W&P, they’re already advertising their show dates for next year. Whether it goes ahead or not is another matter entirely. It seems to be cursed at this point.

B.B.

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    I was there from Thursday till monday and it was a great show . little lower in numbers re reenactors compared to before but alot of trade , i got a panzerfaust , westinghouse moison nagant , crimean Russian percussian musket and to tone it down probably a couple fake badges il need to return. will post on here
    Would be interested to see the Panzerfaust, I'm thinking of moving on one of mine.

?

I was down at odyssey again this year. It’s was great for me this year, I picked up a raf wosley helmet , 1st pattern butcher bayonet , Spanish bolo bayonet , flak 2cm Ground fire scope , seaforth highlanders of Canada swagger stick and a spare cord and cork for my aluminium water bottle

Only downside is I was asked if I was Irish by a dealer

I'll be flying into Gatwick coming Tuesday to go to the coming edition of this show, first time for me. I was invited by British friends whom I met at W&P to join up and stay with them before and during the show, and I'm happy to go again after Covid as I've always had a great time at W&P over the years. Also really curious to see how Odyssey is as I've heard about it but never visited before.

I'll also go do touristy things at least 1 day in London, long time ago since my last visit!

It all depends on your expectations. Odyssey is fun but it’s no W&P. There’s a lot of dealers but nowhere near as many as at W&P. It’s quite a different show

My only expectation is a good time

Unhappy

Quote by earlymb View Post
    My only expectation is a good time

Hoping to go on the Saturday and to avoid the Hell of the M25 on Bank Holiday morning by using tube and train. Of course, scheduled rail strikes,overtime bans and even striking Gatwick Airport staff may take the shine off a good time but hey -this is England !

Meeting you is always a Show highlight for me.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast