Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sos banned !!!

Article about: Well...rumor has it the Democratic influence has taken a hold of the state of Kentucky. They have threatened to ban the SOS show this coming February. We will know supposedly by Nov. 15th. I

Default Sos banned !!!

Well...rumor has it the Democratic influence has taken a hold of the state of Kentucky. They have threatened to ban the SOS show this coming February. We will know supposedly by Nov. 15th. Has anyone else heard this ? I cannot express my anger in normal wording to describe my feelings. So...will say nothing more
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sos banned !!!
    P
    Many

And so it begins.

With the way modern politics has been going, I feared it was only a matter of time before the 'feelings' brigade would start attacking historical artifacts. I cannot say I am incredibly well-versed on American politics, but it seems that this is a case of 'don't let a good tragedy go to waste'. The Democrats seem quite happy to use the atrocity committed at the Tree of Life synagogue to score political leverage, and attack things that are in no way connected to the sick individual responsible. Leftists have had it in for the hobby for a long time. Now, it seems they are finally beginning to actively seek excuses to proactively attack it.

I hope and pray that my own country does not take such radical steps against the trading of WWII German artifacts. Claiming to be attacking 'hate' is no excuse.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    And so it begins.

With the way modern politics has been going, I feared it was only a matter of time before the 'feelings' brigade would start attacking historical artifacts. I cannot say I am incredibly well-versed on American politics, but it seems that this is a case of 'don't let a good tragedy go to waste'. The Democrats seem quite happy to use the atrocity committed at the Tree of Life synagogue to score political leverage, and attack things that are in no way connected to the sick individual responsible. Leftists have had it in for the hobby for a long time. Now, it seems they are finally beginning to actively seek excuses to proactively attack it.

I hope and pray that my own country does not take such radical steps against the trading of WWII German artifacts. Claiming to be attacking 'hate' is no excuse.

Regards, B.B.
    Well said my friend..."And so it begins"
    D.

?

Maybe relabel the event a General antiques fair! That could fool the censors!

But in all serious that’s quite concerning to hear.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Well said my friend..."And so it begins"
    D.
    With luck, this will prove to be a red herring. I cannot see how they can justify banning a show that has nothing to do with the hysteria gripping the modern world. British shows like War & Peace have had several derogatory news articles published about them in recent years, but no talk of banning. It seems like massive overkill, and will do nothing to combat the radical lunatics seething in their mothers' basements.

B.B.

?

What the f@ck?
    Who the hell do they think they are?

Quote by Ethan View Post
    What the f@ck?
    Who the hell do they think they are?
    They think they're the supreme authority. The politically-correct brigade. Always right, even when they're not. Better than anyone who thinks differently to them. Above all reproach and criticism.

Tyrants, in short.

B.B.

I just read the article from the Washington post. If you type in "Show of Shows banned"...it brings up the article. Seems there was a gun show there recently where my friend for 40 years...Walter Kanzler was selling Christmas ornaments with swazes on them & someone did not like it...then the trouble began.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Tyrants, in short.

B.B.
    Yep.

They seem obsessed with sweeping history under the rug. How strange, to think that exposure to our very dark and violent past would encourage repetition of it, rather than stifle the appetite for it.

The horrors of the past are, in my humble opinion, the best tool at our disposal in preventing our successors from journeying down the same path. Hide it away, and it will cease to exist in living memory. Interest in recent history is already dwindling among the current generation. What good will banning the sale and display of its physical remnants do? It will only decrease that interest to nil. The artifacts that give us a tangible connection to that past will be lost, and we will forget. That, in the not too distant future, will open up the warpath again.

Regards, B.B.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast