Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Stoneleigh 2020 Feb (UK)

Article about: On the basis that the SOS Thread has already started we need to remind everyone of this year’s forthcoming Stoneleigh Show here in the UK. To match our colleagues over the pond I was going t

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post

D&B also appear to be selling a lot of deacts on their stall that are listed on their website as being 'UK spec, for non-EU sales only'. Seems the new legislation isn't being enforced too stringently. That, or they're 'for display only'.

B.B.
    It's been a few years since those infamous deact laws came in and since then I'm still none the wiser of what is going on RE deacts. If I saw Dan at an upcoming fair I'll ask him what's happening at the moment to possibly clear it up for those on here, who like me, are unsure of the situation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stoneleigh 2020 Feb (UK)
    P
    Many

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    It's been a few years since those infamous deact laws came in and since then I'm still none the wiser of what is going on RE deacts. If I saw Dan at an upcoming fair I'll ask him what's happening at the moment to possibly clear it up for those on here, who like me, are unsure of the situation.
    Would greatly appreciate some clarification on what's going on. If you manage to see him and ask him about it, you have my thanks. Though I'm not sure even the dealers know what's going on at this point!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Would greatly appreciate some clarification on what's going on. If you manage to see him and ask him about it, you have my thanks. Though I'm not sure even the dealers know what's going on at this point!

B.B.
    Judging by the crap that was put on the inside page of the latest edition of the 'Armourer,' they've no idea either. You would think that a magazine which is devoted to militaria collecting would make some kind of attempt at getting their info on deactivation laws right! I even found myself advising an antiques dealer here in Cheshire of the new regulations concerning deactivated weapons.

On the subject of militaria shows down south... I don't go that far south these days, and I don't go too far north or east either! But a very good arms fair is the Preston arms fair which has actually not been held in Preston for a number of years. Its held at Park Hall near Charnock Richard services (M6), and its a damned good day out too. Loads of stalls, and loads of stuff to choose from.

Many thanks for the reply Harry

Got a few I'm going to try and get to this year so will see if Preston can get squeezed in haha, sounds very promising though.

Although highly illegal and I do not implore anyone to do this, it feels as if everyone could go back to dealing deacts as before and no one would even bat an eyelid! The implementation of these new laws has been a shambles.

My understanding is... Post September 2018 deacts are legal to purchase and trade and had to be registered after December 12th 2019... Post 2016 EU to pre September 2018 EU specs are defective deacts, and have to be registered by 2021... All UK spec deacts are classified as 'legacy' deacts and do not at this time have to be registered.

This is the EU legislation which has brought this about, and this time it isn't the British government to blame. The question is... now we are out of the EU, are UK spec guns legal and EU guns illegal?

As we are no longer an EU member state, the selling and trading of UK-spec deacts must be legal as defined in the legislature. It clearly specifies that Non-EU specification deacts may be sold only within and between non-EU countries. Legally, we are no longer an EU member state, and so it stands to reason that anyone caught selling a UK-spec deact could not be prosecuted, as they haven't broken the law.

At the same time, all EU legislation was copy-pasted into UK law as part of the Withdrawal Act, which would naturally include any EU legislature on deactivated weapons. So, we now have a self-contradictory law that effectively cancels itself out, as it specifies that selling UK-spec deacts within the UK is both legal and illegal.

Bloody bureaucracy! (P.S. Sorry for hijacking this thread with a spew of legislative nonsense).

B.B.

The scary bit of the EU deact laws is the regulations covering pre-September 2018 EU spec guns, technically they are no longer legal because they do not comply with the post September 2018 specs... and you cannot sell them! This is aside from the UK guns. So if the EU change their specs again, the post September 2018 guns that have been registered will also be illegal under EU law.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The scary bit of the EU deact laws is the regulations covering pre-September 2018 EU spec guns, technically they are no longer legal because they do not comply with the post September 2018 specs... and you cannot sell them! This is aside from the UK guns. So if the EU change their specs again, the post September 2018 guns that have been registered will also be illegal under EU law.
    It just gets messier and messier, every time they bugger about with it. I've never been more glad for us to be leaving, though I feel very sorry for EU deact collectors who have to put up with this nonsense.

B.B.

Lightbulb

BBF - yes, those were Tiger 1 track links and prices varied with condition from £380 - £500+ . The stand was Rock Steady Militaria who are ( I think ) from the Netherlands. Their website is at www.rocksteady-militaria.com

( And no, I'm not on a commission.... )

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    BBF - yes, those were Tiger 1 track links and prices varied with condition from £380 - £500+ . The stand was Rock Steady Militaria who are ( I think ) from the Netherlands. Their website is at www.rocksteady-militaria.com

( And no, I'm not on a commission.... )
    Rocksteady always have some good stuff for sale, think it run by a pair of brothers but correct me if I am wrong.

RE deacts, I messaged a seller of cold war items that I know, and he said that pre-EU spec still cannot be sold. That's all we spoke about on that subject so unsure of any of the other details surrounding deacts, as I say I'll ask Dan Reoch if I see him at a fair.

- - ------- - -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast