Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019

Article about: I can't recall updating you re a trip to this years "Tanks in Town" in September. It's a town (Mons, Belgium)....and it's full of Tanks......that's kinda it. To commemorate the lib

Default Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019

I can't recall updating you re a trip to this years "Tanks in Town" in September. It's a town (Mons, Belgium)....and it's full of Tanks......that's kinda it.

To commemorate the liberation of the town vehicles are brought from far and wide to the quaint old town of Mons...which is actually worth a visit when there aren't tanks there (that's the deal with the Mons Tourist Board sorted! :-) ). The set-up changed a bit this year in that the mock battle didn't happen (not a bad change if you ask me)...but it starts with a gathering of Tanks and other AFVs in a small wood...tank rides etc (Leopard 1 - 40 Euros). It then moves onto the big man-made lake for the Amphibious bit....and a bit of DUKW-ing and diving (geddit?) and then on the Sunday the Tanks etc rumble through a number of small Towns, finishing up in the old Town square of Mons itself.....and when I say "rumbling"...I mean RUMBLING!

As usual, some more modern kit turned up too which is always nice.

All good fun....and well worth a visit.

I've already covered the small museum in Mons (see thread "Mons Memorial Museum")

The pictures are mostly in reverse order.....or should that be redro esrever ni yltsom era serutcip ehT ?

Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tanks in Town (Mons, Belgium) 2019
    P
    Many

Just imagine a King Tiger rumbling through those streets...

Great pictures, love the WW1 Tank.

MAP
    ?

Wonderful! Thanks for posting these. Love them all but the British MkIV (?) is awesome!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)