Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21

Article about: this was a new one for us...but it looks as if it might go on the "regular" list....impressive collection of vehicles and re-enactors....stalls could've been better ('bought nowt m

Default UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21

this was a new one for us...but it looks as if it might go on the "regular" list....impressive collection of vehicles and re-enactors....stalls could've been better ('bought nowt much)

UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UK Fair - Yorkshire Wartime Experience Aug '21
    P
    Many

I go to this event every year, a superb collection of vehicles and militaria.
    Always with an excellent battle scene at the end

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

We’re not lovers of “battles” so we were gone by 12.00 having done all the stalls, vehicles and chats with folk we knew BUT the “skirmishes” started in the arena at around 10.30....just half an hour after opening....most bigs shows reserve all the arena re-enactment action for the afternoon so there was stuff to see almost as soon as you’re through the door which was impressive. The Pyro guys earned their money that’s for sure......and the size of the queue at 12.00 as we were leaving was puzzling. ‘Good show....I can’t recall it being covered here before - sorry Nick if I missed your posts from previous years.

duplicate - deleted
    Last edited by Composite; 08-21-2021 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Deleted - duplicated

Looks like a good show. Has it been going long, I've not heard of it before?
    Unfortunately Yorkshire is a bit of a long pull for me from Wiltshire unles I was up there for another reason

I must admit though that it kind of "gives me the creeps" when I see things like the MLRS and Combat Engineer Tractor as historic vehicles because I remember them being bang up-to-date or brand new in service. When I was leaving the Army and settling here in Wiltshire I had to go to the Army Education Centre at the nearby Royal School of Artillery where I saw a Tracked Rapier on display as a "Gate Guardian" and was horrified because when I had first encountered the system it was on the "Secret" list It is a feeling I suppose many of us are experiencing more frequently the longer we stay in this hobby

Thanks for showing Ade

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-21-2021 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The MLRS was part of the Army’s own display...recruitment?? I remember seeing the CET on Tomorrow’s World launching its rocket powered anchor.......and now you can own one privately.....huge bit of kit which is semi justifiable (snow clearance? Levelling the driveway perhaps?)

And I didn’t answer your question....sorry.....a good few years....it’s usually earlier in the year (before Tankfest) and the fair which got sacrificed for ....errr.....those things.....errr.....happened every year......middle of the year.......errr.......overseas holidays! But I might just rethink the travelling around it now I’ve been...

Quote by Composite View Post
    ..and now you can own one privately.....huge bit of kit which is semi justifiable (snow clearance? Levelling the driveway perhaps?)
    Or when the local "boy racers" are scaring the kids in the car park with their "pimped" hot hatchbacks you could show them a real "bitchin' ride" (cue sounds of tearing metal body panels and crunching plastic!)

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

oh dear! no dirt & loaded! bang!! whoopsy! lucky it's not a Sten. Thanks Ade for the pics.