Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK Shows - 'going?

Article about: anyone got Harborough, Yorkshire, Tanks Trucks & Firepower or Detling/Odyssey in their sites?

Default UK Shows - 'going?

anyone got Harborough, Yorkshire, Tanks Trucks & Firepower or Detling/Odyssey in their sites?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UK Shows - 'going?
    P
    Many

Hi Ade,

Detling would have been on my list with the W&P falling over again but unfortunately I shall be in Greece enjoying a cold one (or two). I have looked but nothing to be found there I fear (South Peloponnese - WWII did get there but I can find no trace now!)

Like many I am suffering badly from "show withdrawal" and have only managed one (Malvern) since before lockdown. In my case the situation is compounded by my job requiring me to work so many weekends (yet they keep banging on about the "work / life balance"). Hopefully I will manage more in the "off season" months!

I hope you find some treasure

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I'm still trying to decide re Yorkshire...great vehicles but poor stalls. I can now do Detters as another trip has dropped away...and Harborough will be a goer if we take the vehicles...then Malvern...then Christmas!

?

I am going to odyssey again this year! And also the duxford air museum

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I am going to odyssey again this year! And also the Duxford air museum
    I went to Duxford a good few years ago and it was brilliant. It is on my list to go again in the near future as I believe there is even more to see now!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

It’s some of the American post ww2 stuff I want to see. That SR71 is a rarity!

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    It’s some of the American post ww2 stuff I want to see. That SR71 is a rarity!
    Then you will love the American Memorial Hall. As I recall it had a Scud Missile Launcher parked underneath a B52

Just mentioned to the wife that I may go AWOL on the sunday to go to military odyssey when she suddenly says, oh I think I'm free that day I'll come with you! how do I spend my secret stash with the wife around

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Just mentioned to the wife that I may go AWOL on the sunday to go to military odyssey when she suddenly says, oh I think I'm free that day I'll come with you! how do I spend my secret stash with the wife around
    My Mrs went with me once in about 2005 and was bored witless. The trick is to bombard her with (to her) mind numbing crap until she is grateful for your considerate offer to let her sit in the sun with her magazine, a cup of tea and the promise to hurry back as soon as you have just "checked out one very boring thing". She won't go again, trust me. Job done and equilibrium restored!

Regards

Mark

Sounds like a plan Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast