Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

War & Peace Revival Show (UK) 2020

Article about: Consider this a mark in the sand....a towel on a sunbed....for this year's UK W&PR Show......I've seen too many different threads about the "SoS" to be able to tolerate various

Most likely, if it is still on for this year it will either be a 'back to the roots' small-scale local event without many (if any) foreign visitors, or it will be moved to later in the year, probably resulting in the same. A lot will depend on the situation then, like if the two-week quarantine is still in place.

I haven't booked my ferry just yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War & Peace Revival Show (UK) 2020
    P
    Many

Lightbulb

I really can't see it happening.....

'pretty much convinced myself.....but at the end of a very very very long dark, dark tunnel....which is longer and darker than a long dark thing in Long Darkland on national Long'n'Dark day...there's a tiny weeny itsy bitsy candle....like those on a kids cake....which has actually been blown out but, for a very short while the wick still glows orange.....burning at the end of it!

Unhappy

Good to see that Composite is a glass-half-full man.

Me, I'm a glass-has-been-drained-to-the-bottom-and-thrown-in-the-fireplace-and-the-ship-has-sailed sort of guy.......

So, I'm guessing that it all hinges on what's said about "mass gatherings" on July 4th (by that I mean what's SAID on the 4th of July and not what's said about mass gathering ON the 4th July...just to be clear....I mean, the Show isn't happening on the 4th of July is it....). Obviously they're totally focused on the peoples health and well-being and NOT as has been suggested on who-pays-what-to-whom in the event of a cancellation......I mean, "Insurance Brinkmanship" can't possibly dictate whether an event can be held safely for tens of thousands of possible attendees so I discount that argument 100%.

...although there will come a time when a personally chauffeured limousine with chocolate, booze and a golden (free) entry ticket and free HazMat suit won't convince me (although you'd probably have to pay to get the Limo in!) to attend.

Does anyone know how to clean 4 fields after each use?......that's an awful lot of "spray"......

Well obviously they will use...
    War & Peace Revival Show (UK) 2020

XJC
    ?

It'll be a very strange one even if it does go ahead. I can't imagine too many of the European dealers will make the trek, and they've had a stop on purchasing tickets online for a while now...
    Maybe a year away will do it good, start afresh next year as it were.

...I think if your business is running Shows (Gun Show & W&P) and neither happen...perhaps leaving you with costs but no income...one must ask will there even be a next year..."a fresh start" could end up being just that....

Perhaps there'll be clarity after 4th

Quote by XJC View Post
    It'll be a very strange one even if it does go ahead. I can't imagine too many of the European dealers will make the trek, and they've had a stop on purchasing tickets online for a while now...
    Maybe a year away will do it good, start afresh next year as it were.
    Realistically I think we have to assume that even if the show does go ahead there would be zero attendance by any dealers from outside UK and I think it quite unlikely there would be many non-UK visitors either save possibly for those already in the UK for other reasons.

UK dealers too I suspect had to make their call some time ago as they have to plan perhaps more than punters do and nobody is going to commit to something that will probably be not worth the outlay if it goes ahead at all.

Anyone visiting as many of us do for more than just one day also have to plan (accommodation and other logistics) so the same factors apply.

The organisers have to take a certain line because if they cancel too soon their predicament would be far more severe.

For my part, I accepted very early that the event that is a real high point of my collecting/hobby year was a non-runner this year. I was gutted but have come to terms with it. Far better than being disappointed at the last minute. I just hope that the beast is not mortally wounded and recovers from the obvious "loss of blood". Plus, in order to stave off the withdrawal symptoms I have spent my pennies in another sweet shop by now

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It's official - CANCELLED

'interesting use of words..."the Hop Farm Show Ground has made the decision not to allow....."......I'd've thought a tiny little bug might have had more to do with it but....

I should express some gratitude for being told - the uncertainty has gone on too long but now we have clarity.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast