MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

kuztics

Thoughts on this Polizei Dienstauszeichnung 3. Stufe (8 Jahre)

Thinking of purchasing this Polizei Dienstauszeichnung 3. Stufe (Police long service medal 3rd class). This is the only photo available.

04-23-2024, 10:46 AM
    kuztics

Is This HJ Armband Authentic?

Looking at purchasing this, the dealer states that it is a 1934/5 Hitler Youth Armband, applied cotton 3 piece construction 99mmx405mm, An unissued example

04-23-2024, 10:45 AM
    Alaskan Man

SS Black-Top Visor for Review & Comment

SS Black-Top Visor for Review & Comment

There is an interesting tag "Kruft"
    I could use some help

04-23-2024, 10:50 AM
    Alaskan Man

for reviw

please delete post

04-23-2024, 06:22 AM
    rbminis

A Couple of Danzigers.

These two arrived here the other day.
    One has lost some of it's finish, the other retains all of it's finish.
    Ralph.

04-23-2024, 04:46 AM
    Elwood

Hello

G'day i'm Elwood from Australia - trying to get better at learning how to identify certain emblems on allied relics i own

04-23-2024, 03:14 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Military Antiques Stockholm - Down
Display your banner here