Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

yeti

Rust removal and prevention

Was wondering what people’s favourite rust removal technique is for ground dug items?
    I mainly use clear vinegar (sometimes with salt) which

10-27-2020, 01:19 AM
    Zealous255

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake

Hey guys,

I finally got my first ever EK2 but upon inspection I'm not quite sure about it. The core is magnetic, and it does have the seam,

10-27-2020, 01:21 AM
    Daarom

krimschild orginal ?

Is this a orginal one and which maker can it be ? Wkr Pat

10-27-2020, 12:48 AM
    Tulahex

Shoulder Straps for Review

I received a few new shoulder strap singles today and just wanted to make sure everything checks out with them. The infantry unteroffizer is pretty interesting

10-27-2020, 12:06 AM
    Admin

Stahlhelm der Wehrmacht Luftwaffe M35 NS64

10-27-2020, 12:00 AM
    Admin

Orig. Schulterstück Kragenspiegel RLM Reichsluftfahrtministerium Uniform-Effekte

10-27-2020, 12:00 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post