Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

TracA

Claspless Spring Loaded Bakelite (?) Cases for Rising Suns and Sacred Treasures

Greetings,

I have seen Orders of the Rising Sun 8th Class in addition to single sided and double sided enameled 7th Classes, as well as

05-20-2024, 02:01 AM
    DavidRF43

Possible RAD stickpin

Hello all,

I had purchased this stickpin with a RAD brooch for women some time back, and I'm having issues trying to identify what it may

05-20-2024, 02:11 AM
    warbuff

Tang Translation

Hey everyone!

I had a nice Japanese Navy sword walk-in at the antique mall I work at. I was hoping maybe someone could help me with the

05-20-2024, 03:05 AM
    Jareth

Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants

Thought I’d start a new separate post. I have a second pattern naval paratroopers jacket and pants. Both unfortunately have near illegible stamps. It

05-19-2024, 10:01 PM
    Lancia4

Identification british buckle

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone would possibly be able to help me in identifying a buckle type i've found with my metaldetector.
    i've found

05-19-2024, 08:41 PM
    Jaws

M42 Heer Helmet Single Decal

I would like some opinions about this helmet I have. From my research, it has a Gustav Peiniger decal, yet it’s on a M42. I want to make sure that it’s

05-20-2024, 05:07 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Great Militaria - Down
Display your banner here