Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

jamie7d7

Early Gendarmerie sleeve eagle insignia

Here is a new eagle I managed to buy last week. Finding early, pre-war named insignia is becoming tougher every month.

This one is faded

06-22-2024, 03:38 PM
    wilecoyote

from Venice, It.

Gentlemen, thank you for the opportunity to join here.
    I doubt I will be able to post much to teach anything,
    however it will be a pleasure

06-22-2024, 02:02 PM
    Arthur24

Parteiabzeichen small size

This is the smallest Parteiabzeichen I have, it´s only 13 mm.

06-22-2024, 12:32 PM
    AxelSomething

M16 white wash

Hey, I had the opportunity to buy this helmet. To me, it looked a bit suspicious, the scratches on top seemed artificial, so I passed on it. This started

06-22-2024, 01:56 PM
    Pinky1978

Army (Heer) ‘Afrikakorps’ tropical pith helmet

Hello, could you give me your opinions if everything is OK?

Thanks

06-22-2024, 03:33 PM
    Handschar1

Greetings

Long time collector looking for a place to hang out and talk about the hobby. Primary area of interest is in WW2 German IDs, documents, photos and other

06-22-2024, 02:01 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Virtual Grenadier - Down
Display your banner here